Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

October 8, 2012

Life and other happenings

Well, we are at 35 weeks!
I cannot believe it.
I know a lot of people say the 2nd goes by way faster, but I don't agree.
This pregnancy has been a little stressful. Lots of anxiety and nerves...especially around the beginning. Learning to trust the Lord, even when He opens His hand with blessing was a new "uncharted" territory. Sounds weird, but it was easier for me to trust Him when I was suffering through our losses. Harder to trust Him when He gives.
But, "it is better to be a door keeper in the house of the Lord than dwell in the tents of wickedness." Ps. 84:10
So we choose to trust Him. Even though you may fear Him and His sovereignty.
He is good no matter what, Great is His faithfulness.

Speaking of great. Not that this can even compare to the Lord's greatness- but it is of His doing.
Check out this belly shelf.
Who needs a plate when you've got a nice little shelf? Hah!


Mady has been doing some growing!
Wanting "Princess Tiana" pony-tails. Makes me sad. I love those curls and I hate to smooth them down to even put them in a pony-tail...but I have to admit, that little puff of curl is pretty cute.
I mean I don't even comb her hair! Seriously. I pick it. haha. I let the curl air dry and its precious. She is so lucky.


Everyone asks if Mady is excited about being a big sister....and she TOTALLY is!
Talks about him all the time. When we play with "pretend animal families" there is always a "Mommy, Daddy, Mady and baby Collin". So sweet that she includes him on everything.
Here she is giving him a kiss.
Soon they will be real kisses.


Today was Bryan's 28th Birthday.
We had some fun celebrating. We started out the day surprising him while he was teaching with 2 dozen, warm Krispy Kreme donuts to share with his students. So fun. He was shocked to see us. I really stink at surprising him, so I was glad it worked.
Mady and I gave him a wireless keyboard, which is right up his "tech-lovin" alley!
Mady especially enjoyed the edible arrangements he received as well.


We had a little scare this week.
On friday I started having contractions at about 10 pm and they didn't let up. They were a tad more painful than normal Braxton Hicks, but accompanied with some pressure and sharp pains. Since I didn't have normal contractions with Mady's birth, I wasn't sure what to do. Because they didn't stop and were 4-5 minutes apart I thought I better call my doctor. I did. He said to come down to the hospital because it sounded like the "real thing". Oh LORD! I thought.
Mady was asleep. So was Bryan.
I had to wake him up to tell him I was going and that I'd let him know. It was like 12am at this point and I hadn't even made a plan of who we'd call when we were actually in labor. My mom was out of town too, to top it off.
I arrived (yes, I drove myself, they weren't so bad that I couldn't drive)  and they monitored me and my contractions were anywhere from 2-7 minutes apart. Irregular.
My water had not broken and the contractions were nothing more than just a "fussy uterus" contracting. Not labor inducing. I had to get checked...which I was not happy about, especially since I was only 34 weeks 5 days. But, they had to. I was dilated at 1 1/2-2, which they assured me was normal for where I was in my pregnancy. I received a shot of something that stopped my contractions and about an hour later was on my way home (at 4am).
It was hard to be there by myself, mainly because I was soooo bored. There is NO sleeping in Triage. Especially when you hear women coming in at all hours, screaming!! and in labor! One women even HAD HER BABY in the room next to me....yes, in TRIAGE! She didn't make it to labor and delivery! It was so cool to hear that though. Screaming, then baby crying. Very neat.
I'm just glad it wasn't me. Doctor sent me home with a diagnosis of "doing too much", possible dehydration, stress....or all of the above.
In all honesty, I had done too much. I was probably not drinking enough (and cried a bunch that day, which doesn't help with the hydration) and was stressed. So check, check and CHECK!
He gave me some meds and said to take them when they contractions started again and stop them in 2 weeks at 37 weeks (full term).

I have been having Braxton Hicks, which I had with Mady. They are waking me up at night. So please pray that I would take care of myself, drink lots of water and get lots of rest. I am a machine and really hate to be "still". But its worth it. I really want to make it to full term, at least. So pray with us and for our little man. For a safe continued pregnancy and safe delivery, healthy babe!

Latest pics....
Looking pretty similar (if not a bit bigger) to my belly pic from my 37 week pic with Mady (at the bottom).

35 weeks carrying Collin

37 weeks carrying Mady
Trying to soak in these last few weeks with Mady.
We are celebrating her 3rd birthday this Saturday! So excited.
My dad is planning a trip to come visit soon!
We are doing our maternity pictures and Mady's 3 yr pics this weekend.
The zoo's trick or treat is going on!
Leaves are changing and so is the weather!
So much going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter