Another month has come and gone and we are one month away from Collin's 1st Birthday.
This year has flown by. Much faster than Mady's first year. My 3rd will be lucky to even "make" the blog. Oh Lawd help me. Time is a-flyin'.
So this post is about Collin's 10th to 11th month; he is 11 months today!
Right now, Mr. Bubbers, you are tipping the scales at a solid 22 lbs 5oz. 72%tile and reaching 29 3/4th inches 51%tile. You are growing steady and keeping on your curve. Although, I will say you have slimmed up a bit. You used to have rolls on top of rolls, but as most babies do, around 7 months or so you've stretched out and begun to get more mobile and your weight is now more evenly dispersed. We still call you Bubbers because, well, that name has stuck and it will probably not go away for awhile (and you're still a cute, squishy, pudgy baby-boy).
And appropriately so, here you are eating. You and Sissy love your Momma's spaghetti. A family fav around here.
Here are some more things you can do and/or say:
-You wave "bye-bye" or "hi" (when you feel like it) and say "hi" and "bye bye" (also when you feel like it)...you're a self motivator ;)
- You give me give kisses on the lips over and over again when asked.
- You point out the sky and trees when we go outside. I think I've heard you say "side" for outside and "t" for tree.
- You say "la" for light.
- You love to watch cars and look up for airplanes. You love to take walks and "drive your little car" while sissy rides her bike. You love to swing and go to the park.
- You can say "ball", but it sounds more like "dall". love this
- You can say "dog", sounds like "dag"
- You say "dat" for "what's that?"
- You can say "more" when you want more (specifically veggie straws, those are your fav right now, just like big sissy at your age)...sounds more like "ma"
- You can make a dog "woof-woof" noise when asked what a doggy says.
| Waking up from your nap is my favorite time with you. |
- You love to play peek-a-boo
- You learned how to do "patty cake" this month. You're great-grandma, Gigi taught you.
- You can pat your belly when asked.
- You love to play a game of chase with mom. You giggle and laugh so hard you get hiccups as you frantically try to crawl/ hide away as fast as you can. Its the best!!!
- You've begun to stand on your own this month too :( getting closer to walking!! So far you can stand for about 3-5 seconds before realizing what you are doing and dropping to your bottom or grabbing for support. You effectively can hold onto walls and scale the entire house with just holding onto the walls and walking.
- You love your daddy and wave bye and bang on our glass storm door to him every day he goes to work. He loves it.
- Your favorite place to play is Sissy's room. Especially with the Princess Castle (hah, promise I will won't tell your girl friend one day). To be fair you like the doors and spinny mechanism.
- You also love stuffed animals and like to point out their eyes and noses.
Right now you are working on your 6th (and possibly 7th and 8th) tooth. This has been the worst teething so far. I think as you get older you are more aware of the pain. You grab your gums and pat your ears and sides of your head. You lay on my shoulder (which I love) and try to find relief. I feel for ya. You will wake me in the night when you teeth. Which is usually at 10:30ish, 2 am. and then wake up around 7 am. Not too bad. I am usually up anyway at 10:30. The 2 am party I could do without, but I know these days will be over too soon.
Your daily schedule is something like this:
7am: Wake and nurse
8am-9am: Play and eat breakfast
9:30/10-11am: Morning nap
11am-2: Nurse, get out and go somewhere, lunch and play
2pm: Nurse and go down for afternoon nap
2pm-3:30pm: Nap
3:30pm-5:30pm: Play,
5:30/6:30pm: Eat dinner
6:30pm-7:30pm: Bath, nurse and go to bed
For the first 8/9 Months of your life you weren't really on a strict feeding schedule. You put yourself on a nap schedule and I fed you on demand. Once we got closer to 1 year old I felt the need to figure out just how often I was feeding you daily so I could start cutting back and ween, eventually. I am a little nervous it may never happen. Its a sweet time and we both aren't in a huge hurry to let it go, just yet. We shall see...
Seriously....how many pictures can I post of you with this "scratchy bear" as we affectionately call him?? Too many! Hah!
| Here you are playing "Chase" with Momma. Trying to get away, quick! |
You are such a happy, fun little baby boy. We love your sweet, calm demeanor. You will often lay your head on our shoulder and cuddle. We love it. You are a much needed change of pace. You are relaxed and content (unless you are teething, which lately has been a lot). But...we wouldn't trade you for anything. We are beyond the moon and back thankful the Lord brought you to us. What a blessing you are. As we see more and more of "you" and your unique personality we can't help but be reminded of God's glory in your life. You are an answer to prayer and mercy. So glad to be your momma and love you daily!
Can't wait to see what you will learn and do in your 11th month!
No comments:
Post a Comment