
How could you not love this face?
Mady girl is doing much, much better. The Elimination Diet has actually not been that bad. Its especially helped to see how much it is indeed helping Mady's system. I am proud to report her poops are back to the nasty yellowy color and her diaper rashes are almost completely gone....at least they are at the normal rate of most babies. The verdict is still out regarding the blood in her poo. We will get it tested again on Monday at her 4 Month well-baby visit. I am praying that all is a "go" in that department.
She seems to be eating more too. I know she recently went through her 4 month growth spurt, which could be the reason for the increase in consumption, but I like to think its because the suspected allergen is gone from her diet and she can indulge with no fear! One change I cannot really put my finger on is the fact that she is spitting up more NOW, then before. Again, this could also be due to the 4 month growth spurt and an increase in her food intake. Her tummy may be smaller than her appetite right now. That is what i am guessing. She is a "happy spitter", yes that is an actual term. I cannot remember where i read it, but its bonifide. In other words, it doesn't seem to bother her, so its not bothering me...its just interesting.
She seems to be eating more too. I know she recently went through her 4 month growth spurt, which could be the reason for the increase in consumption, but I like to think its because the suspected allergen is gone from her diet and she can indulge with no fear! One change I cannot really put my finger on is the fact that she is spitting up more NOW, then before. Again, this could also be due to the 4 month growth spurt and an increase in her food intake. Her tummy may be smaller than her appetite right now. That is what i am guessing. She is a "happy spitter", yes that is an actual term. I cannot remember where i read it, but its bonifide. In other words, it doesn't seem to bother her, so its not bothering me...its just interesting.
The BEST thing about this whole diet is that she NO LONGER HAS REFLUX!!!
Well, at least for now. And who's to say that she just wasn't about to outgrow it anyway...and all this food elimination stuff was just coincidental....who knows. All I know is that I am super happy that she is super happy! The above picture is the perfect picture of her moods lately......content!
And I am CONTENT with this new diet. Sure, it stinks to go out to eat and not be able to eat anything on the menu. I have to literally pre-warn the waiter that I am going to be "difficult" and needing to make up my own entree. Which usually consists of dry grilled chicken, dry baked potato and some vegetable steam cooked only. Yes the variety is very thrilling, don't be jealous!
It hasn't been too big of an ordeal because at this point in our lives we are POOR, so we don't go out much. I can control what I eat in my own home without looking insane; like I do when I order at the restaurants. I start to feel a bit like Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally.
One food that I am particularly obsessed with (which is putting it mildly) is HUMMUS, or HOMMUS (I've seen it spelled both ways). Seriously addicted to the stuff. My friend Shana got me hooked. She mixes hers with her favorite, Jack's Salsa. Which is also very delicious, but Mady girl isn't a huge fan of spicy milk, so I try to steer clear of the mexican cuisine, otherwise I'd be all over the hummus salsa mixture! Its awesome! I cannot believe hummus is that good for you and taste that delicious! That never happens to me. I usually get addicted to the foods that are so high in fat and calories that I consume my daily value in just one bite! (i.e. Odis Spunkmeyer's chocolate chip muffins....they are SIN).
This is completely random, but I am so proud and I have to brag. My super smart, attractive and loving husband had some great news this week. He was asked to be a grader (or Garret Fellow, if you are familiar with Southern's vernacular) for one of his favorite professors next year. He is pumped, I am pumped...we are pumped. This is further affirmation of his calling. I am thankful for this blessing and thankful to have such a diligent husband who has excelled in everything he has done in his seminary career. He is very humble and would never boast about this great honor, so I will do it for him. God has blessed Bryan with this great opportunity to utilize the gifts he has been given, while bringing more glory to God because of it.
Well, at least for now. And who's to say that she just wasn't about to outgrow it anyway...and all this food elimination stuff was just coincidental....who knows. All I know is that I am super happy that she is super happy! The above picture is the perfect picture of her moods lately......content!
And I am CONTENT with this new diet. Sure, it stinks to go out to eat and not be able to eat anything on the menu. I have to literally pre-warn the waiter that I am going to be "difficult" and needing to make up my own entree. Which usually consists of dry grilled chicken, dry baked potato and some vegetable steam cooked only. Yes the variety is very thrilling, don't be jealous!
It hasn't been too big of an ordeal because at this point in our lives we are POOR, so we don't go out much. I can control what I eat in my own home without looking insane; like I do when I order at the restaurants. I start to feel a bit like Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally.
One food that I am particularly obsessed with (which is putting it mildly) is HUMMUS, or HOMMUS (I've seen it spelled both ways). Seriously addicted to the stuff. My friend Shana got me hooked. She mixes hers with her favorite, Jack's Salsa. Which is also very delicious, but Mady girl isn't a huge fan of spicy milk, so I try to steer clear of the mexican cuisine, otherwise I'd be all over the hummus salsa mixture! Its awesome! I cannot believe hummus is that good for you and taste that delicious! That never happens to me. I usually get addicted to the foods that are so high in fat and calories that I consume my daily value in just one bite! (i.e. Odis Spunkmeyer's chocolate chip muffins....they are SIN).
This is completely random, but I am so proud and I have to brag. My super smart, attractive and loving husband had some great news this week. He was asked to be a grader (or Garret Fellow, if you are familiar with Southern's vernacular) for one of his favorite professors next year. He is pumped, I am pumped...we are pumped. This is further affirmation of his calling. I am thankful for this blessing and thankful to have such a diligent husband who has excelled in everything he has done in his seminary career. He is very humble and would never boast about this great honor, so I will do it for him. God has blessed Bryan with this great opportunity to utilize the gifts he has been given, while bringing more glory to God because of it.
Great job Bryan!!
No comments:
Post a Comment