Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

February 9, 2010

My life this week...

First and foremost, there is something super major going on in my life right now. It is an absolutely devastatingly horrific thing I am having to endure. I mean possibly one of the worst things a girl has to go through...No its not a bad hair day, run in my stocking (who wears those anyways) or even a big zit...no, no no!

It is NO MILK and NO CHEESE!

Yes, yes, yes and its all in the name of love for my little mady-moos (no pun intended). Yep, you guessed it we may have a food allergy on our hands. Poor little Mady has had green poop consistently for about two weeks now (and especially since the homemade mac-n-cheese, remember that post). She has had green poop a lot as a baby, but never this consistent. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if it wasn't causing MAJOR diaper rashes that clear up just in time for another one to pop up. I feel so terrible for her. Unfortunately for her, not only did she inherit devastatingly beautiful looks from her daddy, but also a milk intolerance and/or perhaps allergy. So for now my life = NO MILK and NO CHEESE!

Some of you may be thinking no big deal, right?! Well you are DEAD WRONG. Its a HUGE deal and an absolute ORDEAL when you try to eat anything, much less grocery shop; which by the way took me 2 hours today! I spent much of this grocery trip getting less inspired for my next blog entry and meals for the week to reading the back of every single label imaginable. You would be surprised to know that milk is in everything!!! Also....a little side note for all those food manufacturers that read my blog (hah!!):

When you are writing every ingredient on the back of these boxes and packages please make the MILK and CHEESE stand out!! Who cares about dye #82, riboflavin or my favorite thiamin mononitrate. All we want to see is the stuff that makes our kids butts hurt! COME ON PEOPLE!

So the cheese thing hasn't been that hard. I think Calvin is feeling it worse than me. We used to share a stick of string cheese almost every day together. Now he just looks at me like: "Hello, first you have a baby and don't cuddle me all the time and now your taking away our cheese dates! Whats next, no sleeping on the couches?"

Yeah, the milk thing has been hard for me. I love milk. My mom was the type of mom that wouldn't allow you to get up from the table until your plate was empty and glass full of milk drunk, drank, drunken...whatever. So I got used to milk, as you can imagine. I had to, who likes to sit at a table by yourself in the dark with cold food and warm milk, not I; and yes I had to learn the hard way on more than one occasion. This crazy parenting technique has left me with several issues. I feel bad when I leave a plate with any food on it, so I over eat. When Bryan and I were dating I used to eat more than him on our dates! Talk about feeling like a fatty. And...I am really bad at sharing food from my plate. (Just ask Bryan). I feel like its cheating (like I slipped my broccoli under the table to the dog-type cheating). If you weren't convinced up until now, yes I am crazy. Anyway...so yes I love milk and miss it very much.

Ok. Didn't mean for that to get so lengthy. So I'll be quick about my next two things that happened this week. So........I think I put out a bit of a lesbo-vibe! Scary!! I know I've got the whole broad, russian swimmer shoulders thing going and I do walk like an Italian man named Chris Centineo, but seriously people I am HETERO and love me some Bryan Baise. Anyway....here is what happened.

I was going about my financial transaction business in the drive-thru window at the bank. When the lady at the window called me by name, several times and then I get my receipt and notice that it has her name and number written on it!! I'm thinking: Gross!!! This lady may have just hit on me. All these things run through my head like: Was I being overly friendly? Is it the aviator sunglasses? Is my hair really too short? Did she not see the carseat and wedding bling on my finger? But at the end of the day I chalk it up to maybe she printed my bank slip on a paper she wanted to give to someone else. Just a silly mistake. Bryan and I had a laugh about it later that night when I recounted the story for him with: "Hey babe, I got a number today....and it was from a GIRL!"

So no biggy right? Well, wrong! I went back a few days later...same window, same teller. I had seriously forgotten about the entire thing until I saw the same NAME and same NUMBER written on my receipt yet again! I hope to goodness that this is a new 5/3 Bank policy and not just a pick up attempt. Either way I am disturbed and half tempted to call 5/3 and tell them this is NOT the kind of customer service their patrons like!

I wish it ended there....Today as I was making my rounds through Kroger reading my labels and being un-inspired...I worked up a bit of a thirst. So I visited the new Starbucks in my Hubbards Lane Kroger and ordered my favorite, Cinnamon Dolce, no whip, no milk, sub SOY latte! The girl behind the counter was OVERLY friendly with her "Sweeties" and "Huns". I mean what am I doing to attract such attention? No more errands trips in sweats, apparently it is sending off signals.

Honestly, I am probably reading into this friendly customer service. I just thought the 5/3 thing was ironic and odd...then I guess I was on high alert by the time I met the super happy Starbucks Barista.

Anyway. That is my week so far and its only Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. That is so stinking hilarious. Hey girl you wanted to make sure you still had, well you must still have it. Not sure how that translated to lesbo love though.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter