Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

July 19, 2010

Underworked and Overpaid

I cannot believe how fast this summer is going. To say that I have enjoyed this summer would be an absolute understatement. It is the first summer that I have not worked (full time) since 2001! That is nuts.

Yes, I do work, but only 2 nights a week. Most of the time, when asked what I do....I tell people that I get paid to be an adult. Now that may sound scandal-is, let me explain. I talk baby talk all day long to Mady or talk about Mady to other moms. Its nice to get around adults and talk like an adult. Not to mention get back on a sales floor and exercise my sales aptitude and customer service muscle every once in awhile. I am blessed that I only work two days....but I hardly call it work. I love what I do and love my co-workers. Lenscrafters is a great environment and a great job....the only problem is when I'm away from Mady all I do is talk about her! Hah.

Ok, back to my summer....

I have gone where I wanted to go, seen what I wanted to see, done what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it. It has been a blessing. I am so thankful for Bryan and how he takes care of us girls and lets us party it up every day. We see Mady's boyfriends, go to pools, see Grandma for lunch or walk dates, we take trips to the mall and to other cities visiting family....we do it all!

I feel like a free bird. The weight of providing has successfully been removed from my shoulders. I placed that burden there and sat under its weight for far too long. I let it stress me out to no end. Now, I know nothing of our finances. Well, I know when we get paid and a round about number in our accounts just so I don't get stuck somewhere with the DECLINED message. So far, so good. Bryan has done a great job of heading our finances for the majority of our marriage, but somehow, now that I am not working I really feel like I have absolutely nothing to do with it....and its great.

However, remembering that stress...it makes me realize that I need to thank Bryan more often and praise him more for how he is taking such good care of us. We love you babe! I've said it before and I'll say it again. There is something so sexy about a man who works hard for his family. I love to watch Bryan work. I think that is probably T.M.I., but I do. Sometimes I just sit back and watch him mop the basement floor (after our crazy dog has peed all over it) or pull/cut weeds in the back yard. I get such joy in watching him throw on a cut off t-shirt, break a sweat and wipe his brow. I run out and bring him a cold glass of water; suddenly feeling very Leave it to Beaver, June Cleaver....but it works for me. He is great and I am thankful for the way his love is demonstrated to us through his job, his school, his spiritual leadership and mostly how he has rolled up those sleeves and been a MAN! LOVE YOU BABE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter