9 Months is the best!
Tomorrow, Mady will be 10 months! Crazy how time is flying by us. So much development has happened this month that it makes me think this may be my favorite month of her "babyhood".
Just so I don't forget, here are the things that make me love this month so much:
One day Mady woke up and started to understand English. Lol. Not that she understood Spanish or Russian before, but she just started to acknowledge things we were saying to her. Especially "No, No". She likes to look back at you when you say this and give you a look that could kill! Then she goes immediately back to what we said "No" to and try to touch it....but before she does she looks back to us again! I think its hilarious. Discipline here we come. She seems to be receptive to it.
We definitely have a major talker on our hands.
From the time she wakes to the time she sleeps she is talking, talking, talking. Especially in her crib or when I read scripture to her. Don't ask me why, but she likes to be read to, but she must feel like she needs to add to the story. She can also mimic the sounds we make to her. Especially while she's eating. We say: "Momma" or "Dadda" or "mumm", so funny.
She also says the word "Ball". When we say "Where is the ball?" she looks at it! She also says it when she sees a ball. She may or may not be saying "Buck" too. She will wake up saying "Buck" in her crib. It sounds a lot like "Ball", but I'm pretty sure she is calling for Calvin. We call Calvin "Buck", as a nickname and its easy for a baby to say...so it works out. When she was little I would nurse her in the mornings and when we were done we would call for Buck-Buck to say good morning to him. So I think this pattern has stuck. She LOVES Calvin. She squeals and laughs for him. He loves her right back. Gives her endless kisses and doesn't mind when she crawls all over him and pulls his ears. What a good boy.
Mady can do "Patty Cake, Patty Cake" with her hands when we sing it to her! So precious. She's also on the verge of doing "So BIG", with her arms in the air when we say it. She's done it once. She has been waving like crazy too. No more waving back at herself, like she started a few months ago. She now does a full out beauty pageant/ queen wave. So cute. She proceeds to wave when we leave places or when we walk up to the TV or sometimes away from it. When we stand in front of the glass storm door and look outside she waves at the trees and cars driving by. I tried to teach her some sign language, but it seems she has made up her own. She slaps the table when she wants more food to eat. Hilarious.
She can crawl all over and has discovered that she can get from one room to another when we leave. She pulls up constantly. Even on flat surfaces like walls (with nothing to really grab to pull her self up), she must have her Momma's leg muscles! She'll be doing squats before we know it! Ha. She also takes steps when you hold her hands. She can stand while holding on to things with one hand, but not alone yet (yet).
She started to DANCE TO MUSIC this month! When she hears a beat, she bounces a little bit or moves her head from side to side. This is really adorable! She isn't full out doing it yet, but she is close. It just started. She also sings to the music. Sometimes even when I sing to her. She'll make her attempt in a high pitched, long drawn out yell. I love it.
Mady has been my little sleeper from day one. We were blessed to be able to just lay her down awake (from about 4 months on) and she'd soothe herself to sleep with no crying. I, by no means want to interfere with this amazing autonomous behavior...but I still want to snuggle her and be able to let her know its ok to fall asleep/ be soothed in Mommy and Daddy's arms when your tired. So at night time we have been rocking her longer (even after her feeding) to let her fall asleep in our arms. This is such a sweet time to pray for her and gently rub her little head and back. She lays her head on our shoulder or rest in the cradle of our arms. I love it. Not every night. Like I said, I want her to continue to be comfortable on her own to sleep....but most nights. Bryan and I now fight over who can put her to bed. We love this time.
I am sure I forgot some stuff....but she is changing so much, daily its hard to keep up.
She is a blessing and I continue to praise the Lord for her life and lay her down to Him; because without Him she would not be here, nor would we have the strength to love and raise her as we ought. She is His first, we are thankful for this gift. With all of her many milestone with this life, we pray, the greatest would be to bring Him Glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment