Immediately came to mind as I was searching my brain for something clever to title this random post, which will basically consist of things I've been thinking or doing, lately. I know, I know super creative. Don't be too jealous.
Before "lately", there was so much in the month of October that pretty much consumed my blog posts. The blog has been flooded with pictures and quirky & cute, little one liners. I like those posts, but the first and one of many reasons for this blog was for me to "hash" out my random thoughts (as well as bring God glory and file a few memories away....that I would undoubtedly forget if it weren't for said blog)....hence and furthermore....moreover....enter thesis statement here: This post will consist of the random happenings of my life
So, we've been sick. Sick as dogs. I cannot remember the last time I had a cold like this. You know the kind....the one where you feel tipsy, but not the good tipsy (I didn't just say that) the kind of tipsy where you are in between falling over from dizziness to maybe spitting up (one of the many reasons not to get tipsy: note from the sponsors, please drink responsibly, not while operating heavy machinery, not to excess or underage) Which is due to the insane amount of snot clogging my brain. At any given moment I may sneeze, which usually leads to tinkling (yes, I did just say that and if you've given birth you understand) my pants a little. I hate that. Bryan thinks its hilarious. Oh men.
Speaking of men. Why does mine seem to think its wise to throw the stomach virus on top of every cold he ever gets. Ok, maybe not every cold. BUT, he does seem to get the non-stop throw up syndrome once a year, which used to lead us to the ER, but we've since gotten smart and keep finagrin (the wonder drug) on hand at all times. He doesn't just spit up a little, he violently explodes (not in a disgusting, messy way) and before you stop reading let me explain. He is the LOUDEST vomitor (is that a word?) in the entire world. I am confident in this. Why you may ask? Ohhh, only because last year, when we lived in the apartment on campus and during Bryan's yearly "stomach virus attack" he was so loud my neighbors below called my cell phone to make sure he wasn't dying!! True story friends.
I have not been sick since early in my pregnancy. So about 18 months ago. And even that didn't last long. Being pregnant gives you super immunities, I'm convinced. The only thing I am missing out on, during this cold is the ability to take mucinex (also a wonder drug). That dries me up in no time! I am still nursing Mady a few times a day, in addition to whole milk introduction (more to come on this subject in a later post perhaps) and, I believe you cannot take Mucinex, the common cure to the common cold (not their tag, but it should be) while nursing. Oh but how I need thee Mucinex.
Ok, enough about being sick. I'm sick of talking about being sick.
So, I'm excited about up and coming events. We are flying out to MD, again, the week of Thanksgiving. Bryan and I haven't been back, together since Thanksgiving in 2006. This will be Mady's 3rd plane ride in one year. She is a jet setter folks. We've got the TSA and travel thing down pat baby. If you need any tips just ask. I can pretty much handle it all my self with a baby on my hip, starbucks in one hand and an iphone in the other; texting, tweeting and status updating!! Watch out, I am that lady in the security line....but we make it...and we have fun. Mady waves at everyone as she passes through the metal detectors. I'm sure this trip she will incorporate her adorable and hi-pitched "Hi" as she waves this trip. Its almost always precious and heart melting, except when its during church. Like this morning. But who could resist this little cute four eyed, curly haired piece of heaven? Not many do. Hah. She is however, loud with her "HI". and it is slightly southern in pronunciation (the east coast side will love this). We're excited about going to MD as a family, it should be fun. We are even more excited because Bryan has already had the yearly "stomach virus attack" and we won't have to revisit (yes I said REVISIT) the ER in Montgomery Hospital this year. At least, we hope not. Fingers crossed.
And before you crazies think about breaking into my house while we're gone, don't...we will have people staying here....and of course, the attack dog will be here to protect what is his.
And lastly. The weather.
This weather is proof of why I should live in the south. I am having panic attacks about the impending bitter and crisp cold of winter. I used to love fall, but now I dread it because I know where it leads. It leads straight to isolation for me. I think (I know) that Mady having RSV and me having a baby last winter has damaged me for good. Not only did the hospital and all its doctors terrify you into every flu shot they had to offer last year, they also warned you about keeping the baby indoors for most of the winter to avoid every possible sickness out there. And then, when Mady got RSV (which ironically was contracted from a family member,
I am the biggest people person you've ever met, isolation isn't conducive to this. The seasons also affect me. Sunshine makes me literally feel good. Bryan makes fun of me because I constantly keep our blinds and storm door open as long as possible to enjoy the suns warm rays. This unseasonably warm weather has pissed me off and kind of tricked me. I love it, but I hate it. I love it because of obvious reasons and hate it because I know that we will immediately be catapulted into freezing cold temperatures, rather than slowly being introduced with fall. Nope, we're skipping fall and going straight from 65 degrees (supposed to be the temperature tomorrow) to 30s. I am literally going to become a seasonal schizophrenic or maybe I'm already there. Who knows. So please friends, rescue me this winter and come over! I've already told Bryan that the Lord really should call him somewhere warm. Florida, S. Cali, Georgia...heck, I'll even take Texas. I mean, it would be good for Bryan too, probably less "stomach virus attacks"! We'll see if God complies with my plan. Haha.
Ok. So this post is too long....so I cannot write anymore or about the following things.
They will be on posts to come.
1. So many of my friends are pregnant now with their 2nd or 3rd. Lots of them were pregnant with me (last year) Crazy. Can you say Baby FEVER.
2. I've become an FBI pro-filer because my husband makes me watch Criminal Minds. Not only do I think everyone is either out to get me or a serial killer in hiding, I am scared to be home alone (not good for the impending winter, yet another reason to move south).
3. and lastly my mental block (more like a road block) when it comes to all things crafty.
Should be some fun reads. For now, I am done. I am going to take a Tylenol Cold and Sinus and pray that the dizzy, tipsy feeling wares off and if it doesn't lead to something I'll regret later. :) JJ.
this post cracks me up. i definitely don't have the energy to type all of the things that come through my head - wish I did!!!
ReplyDeleteoh by the way, (not to be a know it all) just thought you might want to know --- it's phenergran. i know, it's spelled weird, but sounds like how you typed it:) i wouldn't have know if i didn't grow up with a RPH! ha! ;)