Lindsay has a dream job here in NYC.
She is a director for the New York City Metro division of Campus Crusade for Christ.
Basically, she gets paid to lovingly share the gospel and disciple college students all over the city!!! I'm confident there is much more to her career here in NYC, but those are the parts I am jealous of.
Talk about a plentiful harvest!
I actually got to meet her team and celebrate 7 new people who became Christians just the week prior to my arrival! The fruits of her ministry are ever increasing as she continues to trust the Lord's leading in her life. So encouraging to see.
I say this because she was the vessel the Lord used in drawing me to himself, 8 years ago.
Lindsay patiently shared the gospel with me for at least 6 months before the holy spirit opened my eyes to see my sin and separation from Him. My eternal destiny was doomed, because my head knew much about God, but my actions made it very clear that my heart did not know Him. I praise God every time I think about Lindsay and her faithfulness to continually share Christ with me. Trust me, it was a hard road for her, but God is merciful and saw fit to save me.
Thankfully, he couldn't have used a better servant. Lindsay and I are really "long lost sisters". You see, if you could even spend five minutes with us, you would quickly learn that not only do we look alike, but we sound alike and share MANY of the same mannerisms. God is so good and sweet to allow simple graces like these to bring two friends together. Even though we hadn't physically seen one another in a little over a year, it was as if no time had passed when we were together.
Here are the pictures from my Husband-less and Child-free weekend!
My Mom-cation
Driving into the city.
View from the Hudson River.
Statue of Liberty is in there somewhere.
Together at last!
Oh yes we did....went to the famous Magnolia Bakery.
At two huge cupcakes and laughed as we must have looked like two "big girls" stuffing our faces.
It was very rich, but very good.
We watched the CAT'S bring home the VICTORY over Ohio State at Jake Dempsey's, a local UK Bar.
So fun that Jenny, my little sis in Sigma Kappa happened to be in town the same weekend.
A sweet surprise.
We all cheered on the CATS together.
Talk about spiritual multiplication. Lindsay discipled me in college and I was able to disciple Jenny.
God is so good! What fun times we had.
Out and about "sight seeing" New York City.
Gene was such a trooper to do all the touristy stuff for me.
We had such a blast! I enjoyed this "break" very much.
It was sweet way to celebrate our Birthday's together.
I know I jokingly say it was a husband-less and child-free weekend, but my heart was not far from them.
We went into FAO Schwartz and saw an entire section for creating/building your very own Muppet character! Loved it. Reminded me of sweet Mady and her love for Sesame Street and Muppets.
Bryan and I continue to pray if the Lord would want us to be here in the city doing ministry in Church Revitalization. Our hands and hearts are open to the idea of this. We are excited to go back to NYC this summer and help with the local church plants in the city.
Overall, God has increased my heart for the people of this city and confirmed the fact that I love city life and would function just fine if the Lord called us here.
I am so thankful for Lindsay and her sweet roomates for opening their home and letting me stay with them for the weekend. It was such a fun way to celebrate my Birthday.
I am so thankful for Lindsay and her sweet roomates for opening their home and letting me stay with them for the weekend. It was such a fun way to celebrate my Birthday.
GENE!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post and LOVE you even more! I'm so thankful you came to the city..you are welcome back anytime friend!
ReplyDeleteDanielle, This is beautiful! Made me cry! i'm so glad you got to go and I know Lindsay was soooo blessed too. Keep writing as it is a blessing to many. xoxo Sally (Mama Gene!)
ReplyDeleteHey Danielle! You won the (Cover)ed towel giveaway on my blog!!! :) You can select a towel of your choice and email it to me as soon as you can. The link to the option are on my blog under the original post titled "Covered." You can email me at kelley.b.brown@gmail.com. Congrats!!!!! :)
ReplyDelete