I am.
I love being in warm weather, but I really feel like this summer has been quite ridiculous. No breeze, lots of humidity and sweat immediately pouring off you as soon as you exit the house. I feel like I still live on the East Coast. Our summers growing up always felt like this, but in KY I've enjoyed the occasional breeze and high 80's even low 90's I can handle.
What I can't handle is any more days at 95+ degrees, with a heat index up to 105 degrees. Excessive Heat warnings flashing on my phone text alert every stinkin' day! Ok, enough is enough. Where is my breeze?
I know the rest of this year is going to fly by and our summer next year is going to look different for multiple reasons...so I am trying to soak it all in.....but literally soaking in sweat has got me a little less nostalgic. Ya hear?
Anyway, enough complaining.
God is good. I've been meditating on this verse lately. I want the Lord to use my life, in every circumstance for His glory. I don't want to doubt any of His promises. I want to trust Him, with all things and no waver. I want to live radically. This verse helps put that into perspective. Especially as you consider who its about, Abraham and the promise he received directly from God. A promise that seemed SUPER impossible. But, with God nothing is impossible. My life verse: "He is before all things and in Him, all things are held together." Col. 1:17, truly reflects this.
here is the actual verse that has been resonating deep in my heart and repeated in my mind during the stillness of my day.
" No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. "
Romans 4:20-21
No comments:
Post a Comment