Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Well, last month was a whirl wind.
We had out of town visitors, birthday parties, halloween fun and labor and delivery! Just to mention a few things. All of which kept us busy and giving us lots of reasons to be thankful.

The most recent reason is this oh-so-handsome boy! 
 

My miracle boy. A "rainbow baby", as people in the infertility world call them. I call him a undeserved blessing from the Lord. Which is exactly how I feel about my Mady girl too. I am thankful for both of my healthy children.

Collin and Mady were both prayed for, desired and with much anticipation welcomed into our home at exactly the time the Lord, in His sovereignty had planned them to be. Funny how had it been up to me, it wouldn't have taken 6+ months to conceive Mady or 3 miscarriages until we carried Collin to term. However, if it were up to me...they both would not be here. The Lord knows exactly what I need, which children and how to use them, exactly---perfectly for my sanctification! I am thankful I am not in control, because I couldn't imagine my days without their faces in them.


These first few pictures are our first few days home with Collin. Our family of 4! My postpartum crazy, emotional, erratic, uncontrollable tears....yep, totally a nut job after I have children for about 2 weeks. Hah.

Tiny little guy. Born at 6lbs 12 oz. Came home at 6lbs 6oz.
Everyone asks me how Mady is doing. Everyday I want to give a different answer. To be honest, I'd answer the same if you asked me how I am doing with the recent addition. Its hard ya'll. Really hard. When you add the second its not just the physically time sacrifice but its also the emotional stress it adds to your first born, how you parent and the attention diverted. Its hard, but so good. Good for the first born and good for the parent. Sanctifying.


Mady loves Collin. Loves his room and crib, bouncy seat and swing even more. Hah. All the new "stuff" is exciting. She does great with him....we are learning "gentle" (didn't think this would be such an issue with a 3 year old, but it is). I can totally see them playing so well in a few months....but we have to get past this "fragile" phase first.


Ummmm....steal my heart with this dimple!!!
Of which I kiss about 10 thousand times a day! 


Its a tradition in our family that the Grandmother gives the first bath. Collin's umbilical cord came off in about a week and half after he came home...so he got a bath very soon! Which I love, because I am kind of addicted to the Johnson & Johnson's shampoo smell on my fresh, soft baby.


He actually LOVED his bath. Cried for the first two seconds and then was super calm and relaxed. Which is generally his demeanor. Very different than Ms. Mady girl. She screamed for her first bath.
Guess who helped for the bath? Big sis!




At two weeks past his birthday he was already 7lbs 13oz. He also had grown 2 inches (21.5 inches)
At 4 weeks past he was 9lbs 3 oz. This wasn't his 1 month appt, so I am not sure where he is on the charts...but I know he is growing quick and eating really well. So well that we had to get him on Zantac because the poor little guy eats so much he's got a little reflux. Nothing we aren't used to in this house. Poor Bryan takes antiacids daily and Mady had reflux as an infant too. Collin just grunts through it...a little bothered by it, but not too terrible.

Halloween!

Little Puppy!

On my actual due date. Post womb belly shot.

So everyone thinks Mady and Collin look alike. They definitely are siblings, thats for sure. However, I think time will tell. I am not 100% on who he looks like. Its so hard to tell when they are so little.


I have some super cute pictures coming soon of Mr. Collin's newborn pics my SIL took when he was a few days old! So fun. Can't wait to see them all.  Here's a sneak peek of one...


Chubby cheeks and neck rolls. Love it.
So far, so good. We are tired. Of course. He wakes pretty much every 3 (sometimes 2) hours at night to eat. With him having reflux I have to keep him vertical for about 30 minutes post feeding which means it takes about an hour to feed. So I am either getting 2 hour stretches or 1 hour! I do love sleep! So its been hard, but I know that it will end soon. I was really banking on the fact that Collin would love the miracle blanket, like Mady did (it allowed her to sleep through the night) but he really hates to be swaddled. He grunts until he's free. Its pretty funny.

I am beyond thankful for our precious new bundle. He's such a sweet boy. Very laid back and has sweet, kind eyes. I can't wait to see him grow. It goes so quickly. Even though I am not the biggest fan of the newborn looong days....I am trying to cherish them, as I know they pass so soon. So thankful for our little Collin! What a sweet gift he is to our family.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Its like the same baby with darker hair and complexion!!!!!!!!!!! PRESH!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter