Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

December 26, 2013

Christmas 2013

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Last year Collin was just a 2 month old at Christmas. So I was still in a postpartum fog to really enjoy the Christmas with TWO kiddos....but this year was totally different. Collin really loved all the excitement, he wasn't quite sure what it was all about, but he had fun.

Mady is really starting to understand the "why" behind Christmas. Jesus, his birth and who he is, why he is so important and why we give gifts in remembering our greatest gift, our savior. She was, however, quite interested in who this "Santa" character was. No hiding from this now....so we had to make a choice about how we would address him. .....

Which was sort of a debate, but we landed somewhere in the vicinity of him being a character based off of St. Nicholas, who was a real man who gave gifts to children and the poor in remembrance of Christ, our savior. So when we see Santa at the mall and Walgreens (yes, he was even there this year!) we can wave and remember who he represents and laugh...because he's kind of fun and exciting and silly......

So guess who Mady thanked for all her gifts Christmas morning (and at the top of her lungs)....
"Thank you St. Nicholas and Santa Clause!!!"

Hahaha! Well, whatever. Its kinda unavoidable and really not that big of a deal.
Our kids hear the gospel and about Jesus daily. They hear about Santa for a few days out of the year. I'm going to hedge my bets that they are going to remember more about Jesus than Santa and St. Nick.

So without further ado....here are our pictures from Christmas 2013.
Enjoy.

Christmas Eve....ya know, before St. Nick (or whoever) came and brought the gifts.

Christmas afternoon at the Baises




My mother in law really does a beautiful job at decorating for Christmas. There house is sort of a dream around Christmas time. So warm, cozy and beautiful.




Even the Cousin dogs had fun together



Sweet! Bryan's Dad and his Mom (Bryan's Grandmother and the kid's great grandmother)

My love!!!!! He's so cute. I'm obsessed.

Cousin play

Collin and Uncle Andy. Poor Collin was not a fan of anyone other than Mommy and Daddy this trip. I'm ready for this phase to pass soon....

Bryan on dish duty....he really does enjoy it.

My gorgeous SIL and Maui again.




My favorite gifts.
I hope you and your family enjoyed celebrating another Christmas. I pray that you truly know the meaning behind why we celebrate. I pray you would know and treasure Christ in your heart. Knowing his saving power and transforming work he can do in your life. I pray that 2014 would be a year rich in blessings and deeper understanding of our great God.

My prayer for our family is that we would seek Him more. Matt. 6:33. His righteousness would be known more than any riches of this world. That we would trust Him for our good and live daily in JOY in His presence. I pray for health and love to abound!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter