Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

December 18, 2013

Christmas Season Tradition

We have this Christmas Tradition that we did in my household when I was little. That is cookie making (and giving). This year we had to have two rounds of it. One reason being because it was so fun...but also because round one was pretty pathetic. I bought a weird mix we've never used to make the dough and it didn't quite turn out right.

So here was round 1...at least Bryan was here to help with one of the rounds. He was able to enjoy this tradition with Mady. That made a failed attempt pretty special.


The dough that was disappointing...






Decorating is the best part!


Mady trying her best to make it look like she actually liked the cookie. Hah!


I mean really....they looked pretty pathetic. Kinda like a blind person did them, not three seeing individuals....two of them being adults.
Oh well.....

Here's for round two!...


I just love her.

Waiting to be decorated...

Things were already going better than our first round....
One thing I learned. Don't take a chance on a random cookie making kit box from Trader Joes.
Just go with what you know, Pillsbury and Betty Crocker icing. Sorry, nothing from scratch over here. We ain't that fancy when it comes to baking. 
 

Having FUN!!!! Can you tell?



My favorite cookie as a kid


Kid tasted and kid approved!!!

Mom what are we going to do with all these cookies????


Eat some, give most!!


We had fun. Nothing says "Holiday Season" like a good ole' fashion cookie baking and decorating. I love the history behind this for me in my memories and am thankful to be able to do this with my sweet daughter too.

Almost Christmas....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter