
I cannot convey how exciting it was to see Madelyn's little face today! Wow. What a whirlwind of emotions. Bryan and I talked about our immediate thoughts. Both of us had the same first thought:
"Ohh my goodness, she is beautiful!!"
our second thoughts:
Bryan: "Lord, call my daughter to salvation."
I think this is typical for a new father who's heart is heavy with the responsibility and incredible honor of teaching the gospel to our family. It really made me feel at ease that that was one of his first reactions. The Lord truly has impressed upon his heart the joy of disciplining our children unto Godliness. He knows he (as well as I) will be held accountable for how we lead and raise our children. Such a tremendous duty of delight!
My second thought: "Praise the Lord, for He is good!!"
I couldn't help but praise my God for knitting this baby together in my womb. It truly is a miracle. I know people say that all the time, but to think that 50% me and 50% of Bryan come together, by the Lord's unique design and make a human being is mind numbing!! To look at her nose and wonder if its mine or Byran's is crazy. To see her hands and feet moving...i just wanted to reach in there and hold her! What a great day!
We also finished our registry at both USA Baby and Babies R US. That was fun, but also stressing. I do not know why it stresses me so much, but it does. I cried like four times trying to pick out a crib. I was so hesitant to make a decision because this will be my child's crib and bed for a long time. I wanted it to last, be well made and cute. We are under certain time crunches too with moving in less than a month. We actually got a great deal on a Munire (spelling) crib that I loved. We got lucky and will have it by the time we move in. I know she wont be in her crib for a long time, but I really wanted to get the nursery together as soon as i could, with no missing pieces!!
I also decided on her bedding and knicky-knack type stuff like: lamps, wall hangings etc. and the theme of her nursery. We picked our the baby monitor, noise maker, andjogging stroller (since we will live right by a great park and my husband has taken up jogging again). Who knows if we will get it all. I'm sure we wont, but its fun to dream. We need so much. Everyone says you'll get it all from your showers and then some, but i am nervous. I think this is why i cry so much during my registries. I see all the stuff i need and dont have and freak out! I know I annoyed everyone today, but thank goodness Bryan was there to help me make decisions. He knows when i get like that to just take control and make the decisions; even if it is an area he knows nothing about. He was great!
Such a wonderful day. I am so excited for all the big things coming up: showers, moving, due date, MY DAUGHTER!! We are blessed!
"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing." Psalm 34:8-9
OHHH my goodness!!! I cannot wait to meet her!! Makes me just want to reach out and hold her right now!
ReplyDeleteI'm also happy to hear that your Registries are all done! Yay! I know you're glad that's over!
Love you friend! Can't wait for your showers to start & for Madelyn's arrival!
~Bippi