Where do I begin Little One....Its hard to believe you've been in our lives for 11 Months.
Everyday has been a new adventure. One that with every twist and turn I try to freeze your precious face, little voice and tender touch in my mind because I know it wont be like this for long.
So here's what you've been up to.
HOLD THE PHONE, we've spotted some TEETH! That's right after 10 and 1/2 months, white caps have burst froth, in full force through your baby gums. Two on the bottom and four on the top. Surprisingly, you haven't been in too much pain. I think the hardest part for you was when they were moving under the gums, but since they've "made their entrance", you have not seemed to mind them. Expect for rubbing your tongue across them every chance you get!
Speaking of teeth. You began eating real food (not pureed baby food) at 10 months. Saying you love it is putting it mildly. Because of this, you aren't so interested in your baby foods...unless its a fruit or sweet potato. Here are some things you've enjoyed. Chicken, noodles, rice, beans, cheese, yogurt, cereal bars, blue berries, squash, green beans, bread of all sorts, mashed potatoes....and more (I'm sure) I just cannot remember. You are a great eater! I hope you stay this way! You are still nursing 4 to 5 times in a 24 hr. period, but they are getting shorter and shorter. You are weening yourself. Whole milk is in your future little one. Mommy will have some freedom, but I will miss our moments together.
Mady, I must say with every month we are seeing more and more of your personality shine through. You are very out going. You wave to everyone that passes by (whether they are looking at you or not). One of your favorite things to do is go for walks in the park where we look for dogs, swing and wave at the people who pass by. You have even begun to incorporate the word "Hi" with your wave. For a while you would just say it to yourself in the mirror, but Daddy has taught you to say it as you wave! People get a big kick out of seeing such a little girl have such a big personality!
It doesn't stop there. You are still coughing to get attention, but you've added laughing too. You will often imitate peoples laugh around you to get them to play with you. Its so fun. You also give "high fives". You can dance when asked and usually dance when you hear music. You like to look back at Mommy and Daddy to see our reaction. You love to make us smile. Daddy plays a fun game with you we call "Shake it up", where you shimmy your whole body (but mostly your head) in imitation of Daddy. So fun. We have video to prove it! You've learned how to tell me you are finished with your food. You wave your hand to indicate "all done". You have also learned to point at things and make a grasp motion with your hand and fingers when you want me to take you to something. You are figuring out how to get what you want! Yikes.
You are still in love with your books. You can sit and flip pages for 20 minutes at a time by yourself! You talk to everything and point. Its so fun to watch you...
For a long time books were your obsession, but you've discovered a new favorite. Your stuffed bears (and one puppy). You LOVE THEM. You tackle them and wrestle them all over the house! You even lay on them to rest when you play. You bite them, squeal at them and tell them great stories. I've even thought about letting you sleep with one bear you are particularly fond of, but I think you'd never sleep you'd have too much fun. Its rather sweet to see you love something so much. Which I love because your GiGi gave you these bears and you are named after her. Its very special to Mommy.
Your vocabulary has also increased. In addition to the words: Momma, Dadda, Ball, Book, Hi, Balloon, Duck, Dog and No...you can say:
- Bird
- Bow
- Blue (Grandma taught you)
- Green (not sure if you actually know this one, but you've said it after me a few times)
- Ffff (F sound for "Fan" and "Flower", you point to those things and make the sounds)
I think one of the funniest things you've begun to do over the past few months is our interactions. I know this may sound strange, but your daddy and I often say to one another, "She's a little person!". You see, for so long you are a little baby who doesn't say or do too much...but all of the sudden you become a little toddler, over night! For instance, you just recently woke up from your nap and patted your head and said "Bow?" because Mommy forgot to put it in your hair. I also asked you (just today) where your nose was and you pointed to it! I had no idea you knew where it was!! You love pick-a-boo and chase. You also love patting you belly when its naked. When I say we are going "Night-Night" you automatically wave to say goodbye. You also lean in now for kisses. Sometimes you even close your eyes and lower your head because Daddy loves to kiss your forehead and you know that! We're still trying to teach you to blow kisses...no success yet, but almost!
You are so smart and doing so much. These milestone posts are getting so long, but Mommy doesn't want to forget a single thing you are doing! We will be celebrating your 1st birthday at the end of the month (on Halloween) and your actual birthday is only 10 days away! I have been so very reflective over the past month, thinking back about this time last year. We were moving into our house and getting settled in, waiting for your grand entrance.
We love you Mady. You are so dear to us. We are so thankful that God has chosen us to be your parents. Entrusted us with raising you to know and love Him. We pray for you daily. You are a joy to our hearts. Mommy and Daddy would do anything for you on this earth; but please know, little one that Jesus went to the ends of the earth and back to bring you eternal life. He loves you far greater than Mommy and Daddy will every be able to. That is hard to think about, but its true.
"Behold children are a heritage from the Lord. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver full of them." Psalm 127:3,5
She's just too cute! I wonder where she gets all of that outgoing personality? :) I love that cute yellow dress with the pink flowers from Target!!! Miss you girls!
ReplyDelete- Haley