There are so many amazing things that happened on this trip and I cannot wait to share about them all, but for now I must go to bed. I just wanted to log a few thoughts.
1. I am so glad to be home, in my own bed and in the comforts of AC. Oh how I missed the AC. We were of course in NYC during the record breaking hottest days this city has seen in years. Of course. Murphy's Law strikes again. All things considered, we made the most of our opportunities and persevered.
Eph. 5:16
2. Super sad that I missed this great friends baby shower. Really wanted to celebrate with her and some other great, great great friends that were going to be there too. I guess a missions trip is a good excuse, right?
3. Missed Mady like crazy! So glad to be back doing the role that I was made to do. Be her mother, Bryan's wife and "managing" my home. Love my job. Felt a little overwhelmed today with the amount of stuff yet to be done because of our absence....so overwhelmed that I was acting like a beast all day and didn't know it. Whoops! Had to repent for that one later. Love you babe.
4. Mady is about to make some rather large transitions. Bye-Bye paci and hello Big Girl Potty. I was trying to find something to potty train her with other than the popular M&Ms or Skittles (you know, a reward for dry panties and successful poo-poo's and tinkles) and it hit me tonight... mini-MARSHMALLOWS!!! Oh yes. Can't wait. Going to try with pull-ups, princess panties at home and sit her on her potty seat and hopefully transition into her onto the big potty again. Hopefully we can gain some ground where we left off, back when she was 15 months.
5. Mady is loud. Very loud and doesn't stop talking. I thought we were going to get kicked out of Barnes and Noble today.
6. Coming back from NYC, I realize I am mentally and physically still on pace with the quick pace of the city. Its going to take me some time to get back into slow southern steps.
7. Praying for new opportunities and things the Lord has called us to do. Trusting the Lord in the un-known. Walking in faith and standing firm in the promises and inheritance we already enjoy.
8. So much to say, but bed is calling.
look forward to hearing more about the trip!!! sounds like it was great and heart-stirring!!! & we missed you too!!! (i esp wanted to meet sweet Mady girl, hopefully another time soon!!)
ReplyDelete