Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

July 8, 2011

When I grow up....

I want to be a CHEF!
I seriously love to cook. 
More and more I am finding myself finding a lot of joy in figuring out a recipe without a recipe and adding new flavors just to see what would happen. I love the unknown of it all. I love doing it without a set of rules or boundaries. I love to experiment and create just to bless and serve it to a deserving family. I love to see people gather around a table, fellowship and enjoy great any food. Food really does bring people together. We all need it and all cultures have identity surrounding it. Is it weird that I think food can be beautiful?

Now, I am not claiming anything. I don't know if I am great or even good, nor do I care. My boasts are in Christ (Gal. 6:14), not my own abilities. Quite frankly, I am lacking much in this department and desire to know more. I really want to take a cooking class. I want to learn some more basics, fundamentals of flavors and how to cook from a more natural approach/process. I am a observer/doer learner. I really would love to learn more. But for now. My family has enjoyed doing Missions and a Meal for some time. Where we attempt to cook a certain country/ region/ people group's ethnic food and read from Operation World about the current evangelical climate in this country/ region. We learn, we pray and we EAT. 
This is something Bryan and came up with (not claiming we are the first to think this up) and decided would be a great way to incorporate missions and the nations in our families heart. Its been such a blessing so far.

We've been doing Missions and a Meal for about two years or so.....and I am not going to admit to you that I can cook some amazing Ethiopian cuisine or a fantastic Afgan feast. A lot of times we are eating some American version of fajitas and praying for any new Spanish/ Mexican type people group we can find in Operation World. I know, through the years I will get better at refining a regions flavor and/ or dish and allowing their culture to truly transmit on to our plate...but for now we are improvising. Improvisation is the name of the game with toddlers. This is such a fun thing we do, I love it and truly want to grow more in it!! Just thought I'd share some Danielle stuff for a change....

Also, future plans (you know, when I grow up and all) may or may not include owning/ running my own little eat-in/ cooking paraphernalia selling/cooking class offering/ coffee making/ wine pairing/ shoppe in some bustling down town, with warm corner spot and the gospel buzzing from wall to wall. Oh the joy and to God be the glory.

Here are a few of my fun little creations. (Some not so inspired)
I am really kicking myself for not taking more pictures. There are so many things I have made and forgotten about because I didn't take pictures. 

Me and my little Sou Chef.






















Another Sou Chef, and in this case I am the Sou Chef. When big brother is in town he cooks the breakfast.





My love for food has also created another development, an extreme need love for running. :)
Happy Eating!

1 comment:

  1. Rule #1 when posting food pictures, YOU MUST INCLUDE A RECIPE!!! Girl, some of that looks really good, but do I know what it is or the ingredients involved? No. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter