Macy, along with her sister were two of the girls that I nanny-ed for during my summer breaks in college. Both Macy and her sister Megan (along with another beautiful girl named Sofia) were in my wedding as flower girls.
Now, some 7+ years since I began watching her, she was grown up before my eyes and our days together are less of me helping her, but more about her helping me! She is a super "Mother's Helper". She is willing, cheerful and ready to lend a helping hand whenever I need it.
So far we've separated laundry, prepared dinner, gone grocery shopping, given each other pedi's and manis, while also enjoying the occasional day at the pool and swinging on swings at the playground. Next on our list is the zoo! We pass Mady's nap time by coloring (she's an amazing artist) watching some Disney Movies
Here are the girls coloring on a rainy Friday afternoon.
Baking cookies.
Don't even think about judging my break-n-bake cookies. I am no Betty Crocker when it comes to baking. Besides we had much laundry to do this day :))
Macy helps me in training Mady in her sometimes "wayward" behavior.
This is Macy's "I don't approve" face. Haha, just kidding...it was all fun this day with some chocolate chip cookies.
This is Macy's "I don't approve" face. Haha, just kidding...it was all fun this day with some chocolate chip cookies.
Mady eatin' a cookie right after her nap, (hence no glasses) and laughing with Macy.
Someone was not too far off, hoping and wishing some of that deadly chocolate would fall in his direction.
Lately I have had some trouble with Mady (and Calvin) while she eats. She will throw her food to him and its not stuff she doesn't like, nor if she is full. Anytime and for not certain purpose, other than for amusement. So now...and as an avoidance of wasteful and disobedient childish behavior (she knows better, we are not 9 months old anymore) I have to put him up while she eats. Which then leads to his extreme huffing, snorting and crying at the door for me to let him back up with us. This is more of a punishment to me than a fix to this problem.
We have had a ball with Macy, as you can clearly see on Mady's face.
I am thankful to have an extra set of hands and eyes around the house to help with Mady, but also elated to have (and especially during nap time) a friend to talk with, paint nails together and listen to Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus, without shame!
You know you are jealous!
No comments:
Post a Comment