Mother's Day Out, however, felt right and made me feel like she was still in her toddler years.
Mady goes 2 days a week from 9-1. There are several reasons that led me to make this decision, here are a few, if you are interested in possibly sending your kiddo to a MDO program.
1. Mady is
My mom and my aunt were (and are) preschool teachers who highly recommended Mady be in a program not only because of the baby coming, but mainly because of her personality. She would thrive in this atmosphere. I definitely think you should "play it by ear" for your own child's behavior/ personality. It may not be the right choice for all kids.
2. I really wanted Mady to have instruction and interaction from other adults, on a regular basis, other than Bryan and I.
3. I also wanted her to have different settings, play toys and crafts (that I wouldn't normally think of) to do.
4. Being in this consistent group setting will also teach her to share, patience, preferring others and the whole 9 yards. Every little training/ instructing we are giving her put into practice. I pray its connecting.
5. Little Man will be here before we know it and lets face it, this break is NICE for me. I will for sure need it when he comes and she will too.
6. This also opened our family up to a new community of people that we otherwise wouldn't have known before and now have connections to hopefully share our lives with, as well as the gospel!
Over all I am VERY pleased with this school (connected to a church). Its very nice, accommodating and has a wonderful staff. Its clean, fun, safe and super close to our house. Literally down the street. I am beyond thankful for this and highly recommend it. Message me if you want more specifics about the program and school.
Mady's first day (and subsequent first 2 weeks) have been GREAT! She literally RAN into her classroom and didn't even say good bye to me on her first day. She was ready to go! Hit the ground running. She was very comfortable and didn't even bat an eye when some other kids came in crying. I can thank IBC nursery for this. She has been well broken in. Hah!
She loves her teachers and sings new songs and tells us new things she is learning everyday. She comes home with cute art with her hand or foot print and plays hard while she is there. Ready for a nap shortly after we get home. She has music class, art, story time, lunch and recess. Its really similar to a preschool curriculum because this is the oldest MDO class in this school. They are getting them ready for a more structured day, like in preschool.
I am just so thankful for this and couldn't be more happy with how much she LOVES going. Even though this picture below doesn't capture just how excited she was....she was ready to go!
What can I say, my little baby girl is growing up.
It was bound to happen....
No comments:
Post a Comment