Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

December 16, 2014

Loving Livi

Here are some pictures of sweet Livi. Some taken on her 1 month mark.
At her 1 month appointment she weighed 9 lbs 10 oz. (50 %)  and was 20 and 7/8th inches (30%).
Growing right on track and only a few ounces shy of her big brother at the same time. He was 9 lbs and 15 oz at 1 month, however a few inches taller. Mady was 8 lbs and 2 oz at her 1 month (she was my smallest at birth too, at 6 lbs and 6 oz).  Surprisingly, Olivia's head shape is much different than Mady's and Collins. Their heads were always in the 75%, Livi's is in the 42%. Completely normal, just worth noting. Her head shape is adorable, makes her look like a little peanut.  Love it.


Loves sleeping on her belly

Have I mentioned how much they adore her?

Tummy time with some friends




"I'm so over this photoshoot Mom!"



I could kiss her from head to toe!
Livi has been a great baby. She's sleeping well and is very happy during that day to soothe herself to sleep amongst the noise a chaos of our busy life. She is nursing well and eating about every two hours during the day and goes about 4 hours at night. She of course, like most babies has the dreaded "witching hours", but not at the typical 7 o'clock (like Mady and Collin) but at 9 o'clock. Which is hard. We get the big kids down and await a much needed break to only be meet with a fussy baby. Bah. Thank goodness this season is short. I am a momma that thrives on predictability and a schedule. One of the MANY examples of me "dying to self". Her fussy times are really no big deal compared to our other two kiddos. We've only had a few "hard" nights. So we are thankful, because we are TIRED!

Life with 3 kids has been a new challenge for me.
I knew it would be hard....but MAN. Going from 1 child to 2 was easier for me than 2 to 3. Its a magnified glass to the selfishness in my heart. I'm really seeing how much I prefer myself. My schedule, my time, my personal space, my MY MY! Oh my.

Yes. Personal time is normal and even warranted, in some ways.
But it is TRUE and GOOD that the Lord is using child bearing and rearing to save us. This is biblical and man is the Lord using it to sanctify my flesh and teach me to LOVE more like CHRIST.
I'm thankful for this, but as I know, discipline is NEVER pleasant, in fact it's hard...but later yields a harvest of righteousness. Holding to this promise. It is good!

So today, I am trying to draw strength from the Lord and lean into his power to get through the long days because the days may be long, but the years are short. These kids are a blessing to Bryan and I and we are thankful for them and all the ways they are teaching us to cling to Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter