Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

December 2, 2014

Party of 5

So we are a family of 5. So weird to say that out loud.
I feel like I am talking about someone else.
Someone much older.
But, here we are. Happens in a blink of an eye. 8 1/2 years of marriage and 3 kiddos.
Our current reality seems so foreign and yet so familiar. Just happened so fast.

I want to reflect more deeply on how all this change has affected us, but really don't have time.
TIME! This is something that has definitely changed. There isn't much to spare.
So while I shovel some food down my throat in time to pick up Mady from school, watch Collin run back and forth from the table "eating and playing" and hear Olivia cry from her swing......I will try to cohesively string a thought together.

One thing I will say is: The Lord has heard and answered our prayers. Every prayer for this transition was answered. The kids are THRILLED with Livi. They love her. Collin, my little shadow was the biggest of my concerns and he barely notices her. When he does he sings softly to her and pats her gently and even asks to hold her. Its so so sweet. Mady, of course feels like she is her own little baby doll. She loves to hold her and kiss her. Talks to her a lot and has even earned some of the first smiles. I am so thankful for this.

I usually struggle with postpartum/ baby blues pretty badly the first month after the baby comes and thankfully I have really been ok. Weepy at moments, but nothing like I usually am. I am SO thankful for this two. Those two things were my biggest prayers and the Lord was kind to answer them in the way I had asked.

Another sweet mercy is Olivia herself. She is a sweet little thing.
She was born November 7th at 12:18 pm, weighing in at 6 lbs 11 oz. 19 inches. She was just an ounce under Collin's weight. So far, she has been a dream baby. Only crying when she gets naked or hungry. I will post her birth story when I have some more time.

Life with 3 is CRAZY. I'll try to post more about this too, when I have more, you guessed it, T-I-M-E.
Haha. This season is long, but short all at the same time.
We covet your prayers. Thank you for all your kind words about our sweetest Livi-love.

Here are some pictures from her first two weeks home:

Her first bath...I had some cute helpers.



We were a not too happy about our first bath

Safe in big sissy's arms.


My hero. He's been amazing. Taking care of the big kids and even staying up with Livi so I can get some uninterrupted sleep. Truly my better half.

Every little girl needs to sleep with an enormous flower, right?

Sorry babe, I just had to. Mady has been enjoying taking some pictures too. Here is a funny one :)

I've so enjoyed having a 5 year old with this baby. She's been such a great helper. I cannot believe I have 2 daughters. What a joy!

Itty bitty Livi. 1 week.


Our Thanksgiving Day

Always sleeping....
Sweetest big brother



My heart outside of my body!!!!

My girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter