{All of my babies due dates were within days of one another.}
Mady's was November 8th and so was Collins. Mady was born October 26th and Collin was October 17th.
So, you can imagine our surprise when October came and WENT and we had NO baby!
We had EVERYONE on high alert, expecting and waiting, on pins and needles for the a phone call one October day...but that day never came! Olivia was to be our first November baby. The closest to her due date; born on November 7th at 12:18pm, 3 days before her due date.
Here is her story:
Now, the another thing worth noting is that with both Mady and Collin's birth my labor starts with my water breaking. I never had regular contractions with either of them and was put on Pitocin once admitted into the hospital with confirmation that my water was broken and my labor was not progressing naturally. Therefore, I expected the same start with Olivia's birth. I actually was a little concerned I wouldn't recognize labor contractions because the only contractions I have felt were pitocin induced.
Well, at 12am on November 6th I felt regular, real labor contractions. No pitocin needed. I waited to see if they progressed for several hours.
I woke Bryan at about 2 am. when my contractions were 8 minutes apart and pretty painful. I had to breathe through them and wasn't able to talk.
At 3:30 am. our babysitter came and we made our way to the hospital.
At 4 am. we were checked into triage in the hospital and I was checked and to my surprise my water was INTACT and I was a 4, almost 5 cm dilated and 80% effaced. They admitted me.
At 5 ish am. we made it to our Labor and Delivery room, our parents were called and made their way to see us. At about 6 am my nurse checked me. My contractions were not real regular; about every 7 to 10 minutes apart and they weren't always painful. When the nurse checked me I was surprised to already be at 7cm dilated. My mom RUSHED to us. My labor usually happens quickly, but again, being induced both previous times it wasn't a true representation of what my body would do "on its own". With this being our 3rd we weren't sure how quick it would happen, however, with that amount of dilation we were thinking she'd be born at 9 or 10 am.
I got my epidural at about 6, 6:30 am.
My mom got to our room at 7am. I was checked again somewhere between 7 and 9 am and had no dilation progression and my contractions were irregular.
My doctor came in and broke my water around 9 am...thinking this would allow my contractions to become more regular and dilation to continue. Well, at about 10 am they still were the same. I was a 7.
They gave me pitocin, to help things along at about 10 am. Somewhere around 11:30 am. I was still at a 7 and my contractions weren't regular so they turned up my pitocin a tad and I switched over to my left side and experienced the WORLDS WORST CONTRACTION EVER! It was bad and YES, I had an epidural.
The nurse came back in and I
She also checked me. It was 12 pm. I was 10 cm! and ready!!! That contraction (ONE CONTRACTION) got Olivia fully engaged and ready to come. It was a doozy. Hah. The nurse called the doctor in and we were ready to push.
I pushed through 3 contractions and in about 10 minutes she was born. She came out pink and SCREAMING!
Now, we did not know Olivia was a girl. We were being surprised about her gender. Everyone (all my family and pretty much all my friends thought "boy").
Needless to say, we were ALL surprised when the screaming baby was a baby GIRL!
In the beginning of my pregnancy, I thought "girl". After about 20 weeks I was thinking "boy".
However, with my crazy emotions and mood swings near the end of my pregnancy...I should have known the baby was a girl.
It took me about 6 hours of Livi's life to truly come out of the shock of Olivia being a girl. We all just continued to say "I cannot believe we had a GIRL!" and what a sweet girl she is.
She weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was 19 inches long.
Dark hair and big, beautiful eyes. A darling, beautiful little girl.
We are so thankful for Olivia Turner and a healthy pregnancy, delivery and baby.
Thank you for praying and rejoicing with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment