Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

August 16, 2009

Final Piece of my Testimony (thus far)

Part 3
Conversion
On February 7, 2003, after about six months of wrestling with God I surrendered my life to Him. Asking Him to remove my sins, and acknowledging and believing that Jesus's perfect life took the place of my imperfect one; He suffered the death that my actions deserved. I was clothed in an identity that would change me forever. One that I did not desire to change year after year. One that I embraced as: holy and beloved by God because of Christs perfect life and death which became my own. I deserved none of it, but gained it all. No matter what I did, nothing could change that I was a child of God, sought by God and continually sanctified by God.

God created me and called me to know Him. I searched and searched and searched, but He found me at just the right place and offered a gift of grace; assurance of a life in eternity with Him that was too irresistible to refuse.


Post Conversion
I wish I could say it was smooth sailing from here....but the reality is that sin is cunning and it lured me, not away, but its call was all too familiar as i tried to fit back into my old life style. However, the conviction of my actions were so strong and different from before i knew Christ that I could no longer be two people. God wanted all of me. I struggled for a good year with binge drinking and the party scene. I wanted so badly to live a life worthy of the Gospel, but I felt I failed after every weekend. Little did I know that I was living a life worthy of the gospel. I was displaying brokeness of sin, confession, redemption and sanctification. This process was an emotional whirl-wind, but it taught me utter dependence and reliance on God.

While living this pattern, I found myself completely in love with God's Word. I would sit in my Anthropology and Advertising lectures with a pocket bible reading Philippians, Ephesians, Hebrews, the Gospels, Colossians and the Psalms. I devoured it! I sometimes look back on this time of rich growth with envy. I became very involved with Campus Crusade and Greek Ministry where I was able to lead a bible study, disciple my little sis in my sorority and watch some sorority sisters be converted to become sisters in Christ! It was a rich time of fellowship!

Nearing the end of my sophomore year in college I felt God calling me to go on a summer missions project to Daytona Beach, Florida to live amongst 90 some odd Campus Crusade college students from all over the US to work and minister within the community. I knew that raising the financial support to go on this trip would be a huge task, considering i knew very few Christian families. An even harder task would be gaining the "support" from my un-believing mom who tried to control my life at every turn. I knew being obedient to my heavenly father took precedent over my earthly parents on this matter. Consequently, God prepared her heart and she reluctantly allowed me to go. It was in God's plan for me to go, nothing was going to stop His sovereignty. Not even my mom :)

This was the absolute best summer of my life. It was a spiritual green house. I flourished in the fellowship with other believers and began to shed my former self's desires like smoking and drinking. I also made some incredible friendships there that are still present in my life today. One of which is the most important earthly relationship I would ever have; my husband.

It was not even an hour into me being in Daytona when I was approached by the "boy with the blue eyes and blue trunks". I was immediately attracted. More so than his looks was His over whelming love for the Lord and the lost. He was a leader in our group; a shepherd at a young age. He inspired me to "run my race with perseverance" and to "never doubt what God has promised in the dark in the light". God began to deeply knit our hearts together as we shared many conversations that laid the foundation of our marriage. I knew unconditional love, from a person for the first time.

Bryan pursued me that summer towards marriage, of which we have now been for 3 1/2 years. Byran continues to teach and lead me with love and honor. Yet another blessing I do not deserve. He loves me as Christ loves the Church. Treating me not as my actions deserve, but rather as love would have it. He is in his second year at The Southern Theological Seminary in the pursuit of a Masters of Divinity in Christian Ministry. He is brilliant and will make a wonderful professor and pastor. It is a joy to be the first of his many students. I type this as our first child, a daughter dances in my belly. She is fearfully and wonderfully made by the same creator that called me by name out of darkness, and into his marvelous light! He called me and led me down this journey filled with His irresistible grace as my guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter