Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

January 11, 2010

Kroger Trip, Week 2

So I have decided that every week, on Monday I will go "Krogering" before Bryan heads off to work. My goals are simple:

1. To be there less than 45 minutes total.
2. Spend less than $100 (hopefully this number goes down as i become more of an efficient budget buster.
3. Come away with some fun stories.


This weeks adventure began in the deli section, as always. My meat "expert" was Triuhn, yes that is her name. She is a 4'11 Asian woman. She could hardly see over the counter, much less understand what i was saying, which explains why i ended up with only a quarter of a pound of Bryan's favorite Salsalito Turkey lunch meat, instead of the pound i requested. I didn't have the heart to correct her...i feel like it might have been the "straw that broke the camels back", per say. Her boss was not too happy that i was standing at the counter, alone without being helped while Triuhn was standing somewhere off the side hoping and praying she didn't have to get some deli meat customer some, well deli meat because she cant understand any English! God love her, she's just trying to make a buck.

Another take away from this trip, other than groceries is: Do not, I repeat, DO NOT go to the grocery store on senior citizen day!! Now, don't get me wrong...I love me some old people. Those of you who know me know that i affectionately place old people into two categories: Puppies and Turtles. (You'll have to ask). The reason why i say don't go on senior citizen day is because:

1. They block the isles because they cannot walk and navigate well...which makes you feel obligated to help them (which shoots your under 45 minute goal out the window)

2. You feel sorry for them because the grocery store may be the most social thing they do all week...then again, it may be the most social thing YOU DO all WEEK too...which in turn makes you feel sorry for yourself, which then turns into self-pity which is a sin. You now will have to repent on the ride home, instead of listening to Pandora Radio.

and 3. Everything takes longer! Waiting to be checked out, to walking through isles, to driving through the parking lot...ALL OF IT TAKES FOREVER. Not to mention, most of these adorable seniors run into "Ed, who lives down the hall", or "Erma, who just had that knee replacement surgery" and "Phylis, the one who has been married 6 times"....you know what i mean. They place their friends in categories according to what, when and how they know them. When they see these individuals it turns into story time about grandkids, the weather and Dancing with the Stars!

Even though it was senior citizens day, I was still productive. Planned four meals for the week, which will last us all week with left overs and such.

Monday: Chicken Rice and Salad (just me, bryan is a work enjoying the left overs of our Hearty Beef Man Soup)
Tuesday: Pot Roast
Wednesday: Pot Roast left overs (Bryan at work again)
Thursday: Pillsbury Crescent squares Baked Chicken, Twice stuffed baked potatoes and green beans. I will also be making Yummie Bars for dessert. We are having the McCartneys over this night.
Friday or Saturday: Salsa chicken and rice...NEW RECIPE!

I have vowed to try at least one new recipe a week, until my recipe box is over flowing! I am excited about another week serving my family in the management of our home! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter