As the song goes..
"You can always count on us!!"
I don't know why, but every time i do, "Go Krogering" the dang jingle is in my head! Great advertising!
Well...thats just what i did this morning. Went Krogering and had the time of my life, considering i havent been out of the house in three whole days! It was great. Kevin checked me out with a friendly smile. Had a touch of the OCD if you ask me...he was pulling those sleeves over his hands so that my brand new food didnt contaminate him. Larry was my bagger. Larry is an older man, the kind that you feel sorry for when you see them bagging your groceries. The kind that could fall over at any moment and you pray to God that it isnt your Tide detergent that does him in! Pamela was my "deli-girl" (is that politically correct?). She gave me half a pound of the ohh so delicious Boars Head lemon pepper chicken and a pound of the Salsalito Turkey for my love! That Salsalito is soooo good, you must try it. I ran into a friend at the deli counter too. Miss Kristen Groves. We exchanged friendly conversation and caught up for a bit. All in all it was a pleasant experience.
While at Kroger I made some realizations.
1. I like being a stay at home mom. I feel i shop at the Grocery store more efficiently. Why? You ask...well its because I'm here all day. I know what goes in and comes out of my kitchen. Where as before when i worked I ate at the food court all the time and cooked about once or twice (if i was lucky) a week. I rounded those isles with a pep in my step and a new sense of purpose. I knew exactly what we needed. There was no long stares and debates over if we needed Orange Juice, Milk or Chicken...there were bold movements and quick grabs as i completed our shopping in less than forty-five minutes.
This does not mean that I didnt have to go back and grab a few things i forgot to get as i entered the store at the produce section. I seem to always get inspired in the meat section with some lavish (yeah right, lavish) meal I want to prepare and enviably end up going back for more odds and ends to complete the meal. Today's inspiration: A Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup, a man soup for my man.
The second realization:
2. Its easier to plan meals being a stay at home mom too! I've already got this weeks menu complete.
Monday: Spaghetti
Tuesday: Hearty Beef Vegetable Man Soup
Wednesday: Left overs of either Spaghetti or Man Soup (Bryan works that night)
Thursday: BBQ Glazed Chicken breast, mashed potatoes and green beans
Friday: BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches (depending on Chicken leftovers) or Pot Roast
Yum, Yum , YUM!
ok, i think this post is so funny. i was like, where is she going with this???
ReplyDeletei love that you are enjoying your new role as SAHM - isn't it just wonderful??? it is soooo worth the sacrifice! no regrets here!!
update: i am feeling somewhat better after calling my doc and he said i could take tylenol cold. i think it is going to do the trick?!?!
love ya! :)