Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

January 15, 2010

"Seek Peace and Pursue it!"

1 Peter 3:11b. (From title)

Lately, the Lord has graciously revealed some sin in my life. With the quiet that lingers, as a result of a broken TV, I hear His call to Holiness more clearly. But, on the flip side of that, I also hear and SEE my sin, much clearer than I want. I am however, thankful. Thankful because I am now able to shed the unneeded weights "that so easily entangle".

Worry.

I have been plagued with all kinds of worry.
I wouldnt go so far as to say that its satans fault or a result of conversations I've been having about the things in which I am now worried....No, I wouldnt. I would however, blame it on my neglect to actively FILTER the filth that floods into our brains daily.

To be more specific. Its MY JOB to help my focus be on "whatever is TRUE, whatever is NOBLE, whatever is RIGHT, whatever is PURE, whatever is LOVELY, whatever is ADMIRABLE- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things." Philippians 4:8

My focus then should not be on things that have not even happened! As mothers and women we worry....a lot! About everything. Thinking that somehow my behavior, if i control it perfectly will keep all the bad away. WRONG! No matter what we do, God is in control and WILLS what HE WILLS to be. Now, I am not saying that worrying is unnatural. I think its absolutely natural, its going to happen... but to believe the worry or fear is NOT! An increase in worrying is a decrease in trusting God.

I am thankful for my faithful friend, Lynn for helping me sort through my specific worries...which I will not mention or even give a hint of glory towards. Instead I am believing what is true, God's word.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the PEACE of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter