Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

June 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Bryan and I have been quite reflective lately. We've been thankful for so much, as God has continually reminded us that we have so much to be thankful for.

We are thankful for every milestone and "mountain" that marriage throws our way. We both would agree the second year of marriage (we're currently in the beginning of year five) we learned a lot. Mostly we learned what it felt like to be stuck in a place we thought was going to look a lot different than it did.

Don't you hate promises and plans that never turn out the way they are supposed to? Well, that pretty much sums up a lot of that year. 2007-2008...a year to grow. And we did.

This is not Bryan's opinion, I speak only for myself on this blog. So if I say something raw, that's probably because I usually say things that are honest and not always filtered. That year was hard for me on so many different levels. So many, that this blog doesn't have enough time or space to fill with the details.

To name a few biggies:
  1. We were involved in a church plant that didn't go as planned. Some might say failed, I say never took off... The mixed bag of personalities in this group made for a rather interesting year. It taught us that the Body of Christ doesn't look like a college student. It can be old, young, black, white, newly-weds, middle aged, divorced, single and so on. We learned that this mixed bag is necessary, but not always harmonious. (is that a word?) You get the point.
  2. We lived in a house that DRAINED our wallets. A silly decision on our parts, but we wanted space and to live near friends. In the end we missed our one bedroom, first year apartment. Our slumlords gladly took us for a ride!
  3. I took a new job that involved much traveling and much stress. Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. I had my weekends free, but I needed the two days to unwind the ball of nerves created from the week.
  4. Hurdles and struggles crept into our marriage and threatened to steal our joy. It did on some days...Everything from sin, to both of us facing medical problems that led to surgeries...it was a whirlwind!
I say all of this to point out that...had it not been for that difficult year we would not be in the place we are today.
  1. Involved in a growing, thriving, amazing, Christ centered church.
  2. Working two jobs that provide for our well being.
  3. Being able to conceive and have a wonderfully, healthy and happy baby girl.
  4. Bryan ripping his way through seminary and LOVING every minute of it.
  5. Living in a home that is a blessing of provision from the Body of Christ.
  6. Conquering and defeating sin that threatened to steal, kill and destroy our marriage.
We are thankful for that year because we wouldn't know any of those top mentioned blessings had it not been for hurdles we had to jump to get to this place now.

This week I had to do a lot of confessing of past sin. A lot of this sin was from bitterness that had festered in my heart from that year. Ohhh how wonderful it feels to let God "cleanse you from all unrighteousness", when we are faithful to confess He is faithful and just to forgive. Bitterness combined with pride held a weight so heavy on my soul it threatened my current joy. Once I let it go I felt like I could see more clearly. See things that weren't even related to my past sin. But much like a weed, sin chokes every area of new growth. And that's what it did to me.

So I refuse to let sin linger because of my pride. I want to confess immediately to lavish in the blamelessness Christ calls me to be in. I will be a better wife, mother and friend because of it...and for this I am thankful!

and just for fun....
pictures of Boodels:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter