Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

October 26, 2010

1

We started the day with some french toast and scrambled eggs...
a first for both...

We ate and watched sesame street. 
Its her birthday...shouldn't you always be allowed to eat and watch TV on your b-day?
yes.

PJs.

"Elmo, you're so funny!"

Mady wasn't too crazy about the french toast and eggs....but guess who was...
Calvin enjoyed Mady's birthday breakfast!

Mady settled for one of her staple breakfast of champions,
bananas and prunes.

Mady wasn't about to share her lunch!
The pregnancy craving has come full circle. 
For those of you who don't know...
I craved chocolate chip cookies EVERYDAY of my pregnancy. 
Especially Panera's cookies. So, for lunch that is precisely what she had...
for desert of course. She actually only had a few bites. 
But ohh how those bites were good!



For dinner.
Pizza and green beans.
Yummy.

Happy Birthday Girl.


For her birthday "smash cake" I decided to experiment.
Mainly because I wanted to see what she did with her very own cake to devour and also...
because i wanted to test what to make.

This first experiment was a lesson well learned.
I made an Angel food cake cupcake.
Good idea in thought, but bad in final product.
Its too light and weak to hold frosting.
Her poor cupcake was kind of gimpy.

But she didn't care.
This is why I experimented.
I hate baking. 
I love cooking.
I'm not a baker.
I'm a make-believe chef.


She kept the hat on for a total of 1.6 seconds. 


Of course she loved when we sang to her.
First bites.
Oh my.
Let me just take a little bit here...
and here....
and
here.
 and here....

mmmm...

The only problem...
What's happening to my hands!!!!


Ahhh! Help! No more cake!!!
Notice the cake in her hair? 
Her face stayed pretty clean.
She only took a few licks. 
She is pacing herself for her party.
Haha.
Meltdown Time!

We had a great day.
Despite the fact that Mady and I spent the early part of our afternoon crouched down in our basement, under the steps to avoid possibly being blown away by a tornado; everything was interesting great.
Not to mention, Bryan was taking a midterm at this time and at Southern. 
Therefore I was ALONE, with Mady and the dog...crouching under the steps.
I made us a make shift bed on box springs, couch cushions and blankets.
Calvin had a great time.
Mady, not so much.

Did I mention it was her naptime during the storm? It was.
Did I also mention we were supposed to go to the Zoo.
We went to the Mall instead and bought a toy with GiGi's birthday money to Mady.
Win Win. 

What a fun day
Now we just have to get this Party rolling.
Sunday is the day.
Can't wait.

Did I mention she's 
1?

She is.

1 comment:

Site Meter