Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving Trips

Well, its been a while. We've been very busy. 

We celebrated Thanksgiving with Bryan's family in Campbellsville and mine in Maryland. 
We had a blast at both places. 
Its great to be with family. Its a comfortable place where you can be yourself. 
Which is what we did. 

deep fried turkey.....

poor bird, but you were a tasty bird!

very tasty....


at one end....

and at the other end! Little Mady had a big job ;)

again  I ask myself, what is wrong with him?





I wish someone would have told me that being a mother is this fun!

hah!

Peek-a-boo!




lounging around...

how it all started.

Our Little Family

Bryan is regressing.

The Originals

Pops is pooped!

Maryland Thanksgiving!

My lovely little girl
Thanksgiving Maryland style!

Cousins' kiddo's!

My brother and a glimpse into what we did...a lot, play gin rummy!

 and when we came home....we had a very lonely puppy waiting for us. He missed us and we missed him.
He was well taken care of, but missed his buddy Mady.


Our trip(s) were wonderful. Mady's 3rd airplane ride (6 times, if you count each way) went great. She sleeps through the entire flight. 
We saw lots of family in Maryland. Mady bonded with GiGi (great grandmom) like no one else! She would reach for her and say "gigi" or "weee" when she wanted her to take her. My grandmom would walk her around her house and show her the various birds, horses and other animal figures and nic-nacks she had. Mady loved it. As for the "weee" comment...my grandmother has a chair lift on her stairs she used when my grandfather was still alive. He had a leg amputated due to diabetic complications. The chair lift served to get him up and down the stairs. When my brother's were little, they loved going "weee" up and down on my grandmom's lap. So the tradition continues with Mady. She really "took" to my grandmom this visit. It makes me so happy because she is named after her :)

My grandmother is so special. She is a wonderful woman who selflessly cares for others. I have such fond memories of being at her house as a little girl. Being on her lap in a rocking chair being sung to and cared for. When I close my eyes I can feel her hands and warmth of her embrace. There is nothing like a grandmothers love. When we were together she told me an interesting story. 

She said, on the way to the airport that Mady was her new little baby doll, because for 26 years she had a baby doll (me), but now she has a new one (Mady). I said "Well, thats ok. I know I've been your favorite for 26 years, I'll let Mady take my thrown." This has always been an on going joke between us cousins. Apparently, we all think we are her favorite and continue to tell her when we are together with her one on one. To which, grandmom says: "I have 6 (now 7) favorites" and names all us grandkids. 

Then she said something that will stay with me forever. "Its really the best compliment that all of you thought that you were my favorite." and I said. "Yes, its a testimony of how well you loved and cared for us through the years." What a wonderful grandmom I have. I am so thankful she is here to be with Mady and enjoy her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter