I cannot believe he is 14 and ready to head off to high school.
I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I was 12 and about to get all the hands on experience a girl needed in mother-hood training.
Shawn has always been a wise "old soul", as we call them in our family. Basically means someone who is wise beyond there years, quiet natured and very observant. He is a great kid, who is becoming a great guy and growing into an upstanding man. But, he will always be my little "Boogie". Good thing he doesn't read my blog, he'd kill me for that one.
Improvisation at its best. Mom forgot to get a "14" candle, so she took two numbers 1's (to make eleven) and then added three little candles to add to eleven, making fourteen. Hilarious!
True story. Mady is obsessed with Shawn. She asks for him, a lot. I don't know what it is about him, but man does this girl go "goo-goo" over Uncle Shawn. She makes him laugh too, I think he likes the attention.
The Uncles, Alex and Shawn have both taken their role to heart and began teaching her things she shouldn't say...like: "Butt". They ask her where her butt is, or to shake her butt...and of course, she does it to see their reaction. They crack up. So funny. We'll have to make sure this future PK (preachers kid) knows that kind of behavior is only cute when you are 2 and under.
Mady lovin' her some Shawn.
So cute!
Mady eating some good homemade red velvet birthday cake!
She ate it two fists full at a time.
I love both of these next pictures.
We hardly ever get pictures in my family at our events. So have to make the boys get in pictures with Mady. I don't think they realize that I am NOT after the posed shots, but the impromptu ones like these.....
I think its funny that I got both of them smiling at her! So sweet.
They are great Uncles.
Mady is so lucky.
She has a lot of Uncles (5) and only 2 Aunts, one that is not even related by blood, but she counts. She spoils her just like an Aunt and Mady loves her "Kreesty", Christy.
Happy 14th Birthday Uncle Shawn.
We love you very much and are so very proud of you!
Love Bryan, Sissy, Mady and Buck
No comments:
Post a Comment