Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

November 16, 2011

Say What!?

Mady had her first introduction to Popcorn the other day. Which surprises me it has taken me this long to share this tasty treat with her. It is my a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e favorite snack....maybe even food. I will go to the techy-est of guy flicks if it means I can have a bag of popcorn (hold the butter). I know I am weird.

Anyway. Its a great snack and not too bad for you, if you buy the right stuff.

I have won Mady over. She loved it!
The best part....which is the "Say What!?" moment was later in the evening she asked for more popcorn by saying: "More acorns please Mom?" Translation: "More popcorn, please Mom?"
Acorns/ popcorn. Pretty close, if you ask me.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

So the other day, as I was explaining all the things we had to do that day to Mady while getting her dressed and ready to go. We basically had to run a few errands. I used the word "errands"....not thinking that she had no idea what that meant. But actually thought that I was talking about my friend named "Erin" who is mom to her friend "Tim" and "Baby Justin".

So as we walked into the Bank, to run errand number 1, Mady asked with much excitement: "Where is Erin and Tim?" I didn't actually put it together until today...that she thought the word "errand" was my friends name, "Erin". Sorry baby, next time I will have to be more specific and really speak clearly. 
_____________________________________________________________________________________   

Whenever I am feeding Mady and she has a last bite to finish I will say: "Last one."
or
when we are reading books, or playing something and she has to finish up soon I will say "Last one" again.

Mady has figured this out. So now, when I am about to say it....she likes to say it for me.
However her version of "Last one" is "Last more". 
You can tell that she actually wants "more" of whatever it is we are doing, but knows its actually the last "one"...too funny. I also love that it is all the while spoken in the same exact tone that I use with her. What a little Mama she is. I already fear how she will boss her siblings around one day. Hope not!
_____________________________________________________________________________________

The last "more" story (hah) comes from something that actually happened today. I decided, don't ask me why, but today I decided to wear my HUGE fake pearl earrings while we ran some erins errands around town.

If you know my daughter, you know that she notices everything and LOVES jewelry.

I was carrying her into the Library for Story Time with she turned to me and noticed my earrings.  She immediately touched them and said "Earrings!!!" 

Then it was (and I am not making this up)...."Princess Mommy, getting marriages!" Translation= "Princess Mommy, getting married!" This basically means (translation of the translation) that when she looks at her princess books she notices that all the Princesses have on earrings and look like Brides (or are Brides) depending on which story and what "scene" the picture is depicting. Even if they are not getting married and its just a "Prince and Princess lived happily ever after" type ending, I usually add "They got married and lived happily ever after". I am all about not putting the cart before the horse, if you know what I mean.

So, now Mady associates all things Princess's with Brides and Earrings with both Brides, Princesses and Marriage. So sweet.

So yes, my darling. Mommy is a Princess Bride and I am married to your Dad, the Prince....and one day, your Prince will come for you and you too can wear Earrings on your wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter