So here we go.
Of course a blog isn't a blog without pictures of the growing baby bump.
This was not our first ultrasound...but an early one at 11 weeks.
We kind of got a glimpse as well that he might in fact be a little boy....and he is!
| Shopping for maternity clothes :) |
Love this picture.
This is when we had our 20 week ultrasound and found out that little babe was indeed a BOY!
| Baby Boy 22 weeks |
| Mady 22 weeks |
In comparing my pregnancy with Mady to my pregnancy with this little guy...there are some differences and similarities.
- I felt this little boy kick/ move around at 11/12 weeks. Very early, but definitely him. It was pretty similar patterns of movement every few days or so. Little flutters. I felt Mady move for the first time on Mother's Day. Not sure how far along I was...but then I didn't feel her very consistently until after about 18 weeks.
- My morning sickness with both started around 8 weeks and lasted until about 13 weeks. I never threw up with this one, but I did with Mady a few times. Nothing too terrible, just lots of food aversion. I also hated the smells around our house. I couldn't handle it, they all made me nauseous.
- I was very hungry with this one for the majority of my first trimester (and still pretty hungry, into my second trimesters). With Mady it was only those first early weeks.
- I had to take a nap EVERY DAY with this little guy. Probably because I run around after Mady all day. But I was WAY more tired with him than with Mady. I worked 40+ hours a week while carrying Mady and always on my feet....but never feeling the extreme fatigue during the middle of the day like I did [and still sometimes do] feel with baby boy.
- I had some back problems with this guy around 17-20 weeks. It felt like flare ups with my degenerative disc's in my L5, L6. I was pretty miserable and immobile some days. Thankfully, stretching and walking through the pain helped a ton and now I am much, much better. Had NO BACK problems with Mady.
- Little man is carrying way low. I feel him kick below my belly button a lot. Mady was very high and I had to take Pepcid AC pretty early on to deal with the heart burn. I was able to manage the heartburn with Milk and eating several small meals with this one...however, just this week (22 weeks) I have noticed I am going to have to dip back into my pepcid stash. He's getting bigger and so is my heartburn!
- Cravings with both have been different. With Mady it was chocolate chip cookies...especially Panera's. With this one I've craved mainly salty stuff (which is no different than usual).
- Both Mady and little boy got super active in the womb at 22 weeks. Him, more like 21 weeks. Flipping around, making big kicks and such. I can even see it when I look at my belly. Its wild. I love it. With both of them I pat them when they kick and tell them how much I love them. Sweet reminders. Both Mady and baby boy are active at night and in the early morning. He seems to be even more active than Mady in the womb; so far.
I don't really know about weight and all those other stats. I try to to worry about them. I just listen if my Dr. says there are any problems. So far so good! Healthy little boy. We are thrilled and so, so thankful for this blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment