Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

January 6, 2013

Snow Day

We had our first snow of the season and Mady really loved playing in it.
It was really her first experience playing in the snow. Last year we had NO snow. It was like a dream for me. I hate snow, but remember loving playing in it as a kid. So I was eager to play with Mady in it this year.

 

Snow Angel

She was mesmerized by it. Loved falling in it and touching it. She thought because it was covering our bushes she could literally sit on our bushes and not fall through. Hah! It is an illusion. I also remember thinking that as a kid too. Growing up in Maryland we had a lot of snowy winters. When we got snow we usually got several inches to feet. I remember one winter where our snow drifts were up to my waist. We lived in a cul-de-sac and when the snow plows would plow our streets they would pile up the snow in huge piles. Leaving 8 foot high piles to build tunnels in or climb to the top. Made great snow forts. Growing up in the snow was fun and today's snow play was great too. Watching Mady discover the snow was liking re-living it for the first time all over again.
  

Here is our snow man. The snow was perfect packing snow! Perfect for building a snowman. Of course as soon as I had one built (and Mady helped) she ran up to it to knock it over before I could get a picture. Hah! So this is one of our snowmen built. Notice the eyes are apart of my landscape lighting. Haha. We have an entire snowman building kit (with eyes, scarf, carrot and hat) but of course I couldn't find it, so we had to improvise. I think we did just fine. One of my sweet neighbors saw us outside and ran us out a carrot for his nose. That really makes the snowman a snowman!


She just wanted to roll around in it!




Overall, it was a very fun afternoon. Mady loved it. I loved watching her love it!
Even some 3 weeks later our snowman was still "standing". Leaning a little, but I think that's just his "swagger". Hah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter