Recently...I have found my domestic side....who knew it was hiding all along in a crock pot...
Anyways...as I was saying. My domestication. I am LOVING cooking. Before I fried our TV (another story for another time), I was obsessed with watching Food Network while I sat and nursed Mady. Which literally was all day long, as a newborn. So I learned the Food Network line up really fast. My favorite show is Down Home with The Neelys. I am going to get a little vulnerable and reveal some things that I probably would only admit to people who really know me, but because I am writing it into thin "cyber-air" I feel like its ok.
I LOVE that show not only for the amazing "soul food" that Pat and Gina cook, but also because I feel a sort of kindred spirit to Pat and Gina. First off. Pat and Gina are SUPER in LOVE, you can tell when you watch. I mean, sometimes I feel like its really HOT in that kitchen and it aint because of the cooking, if you know what I'm saying. (This is so something I shouldn't say, but oh well) [I think cooking is foreplay for Pat and Gina]......now Pat and Gina are married so of course there is nothing wrong here. Its super encouraging and really funny to watch. Gina gets all crazy when she throws a "KICK OF CYAN PEPPER"! And Pat man handles all the meats with their special rubs and spicy sauce concoctions. Those of you who know me, know that in college my nickname was Gina. So theres that kindred spirit to Mrs. Gina Neely....we are soul sistas in the world of cooking! Our personalities are similar and I know that we'd be B.F.F (heres another acronym for ya) if we knew each other.....especially since I can cook...check out some of my latest meals....
Hearty Beef Vegetable Man Soup
Italian Beef Roast
Homemade Mac n' Cheese
Now I wish I could say that all of these meals (and the ones not pictured) are of my own creative juices.....some are, but most are adaptations from family, friends and "my pretend friends" on food network's recipes. I really love to serve my husband a hot, good meal at the end of a long day, or give him good lunches to make his co-workers (jealous) drool. I feel like this is one way I can be a good S.A.H.M. (here we go again) and serve my family well. Literally.
Soul Food Baby
HAHA.. i love it!! Down Home with the Neely's is my FAVORITE Food Network show too! Hands down! And I agree... you & Gina would get along great! =) Love you, you crazy girl. So glad you're loving this role of SAHM that the Lord has blessed you with!! Can't wait to join the club... I'm doing the whole stay at home wife thing for a few more weeks before I add "Mom" to my list of roles!
ReplyDeleteGo Danielle. Didn't know about the Sahm, how do you pronounce that.
ReplyDelete