Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

May 17, 2010

Old friends, New Connections

I am so thankful for Campus Crusade for Christ and the many friends and/ or connections to other friends it creates. Not to mention the many people who come to know the Lord (myself included) because of it. These ladies are some of those connections I have made since becoming a Christian 8 years ago.

From left to right:
Bethany and her son Jonah. Hayley. Ashley and her daughter Harper. Me and Boodels and Boodels Flower on her head (so big it deserved a caption).

This picture was taken on Sunday at our church. Bare with me friends, I am link happy tonight. Haley and Adam (her hubby) were in town for a wedding. They decided to tag along to church with Bethany and Jon. It was great to see them, especially since it has been 2 years since we've seen them and will be another couple of years until we see them again. Why you ask. Well, they are answering the call to serve the Lord over seas in Asia.

I met Haley in my sophomore year at UK. Of course we quickly became friends and hung out with the same groups of people at Crusade. You could find us hanging out on the lawn or roof of our favorite house on Kalmia Street. Those were the days. Great friends and great times had by all. Wonderfully, hilarious memories. Through constant cornhole games, gallon milk challenges, rootbeer keg parties and pink wall pranks we had a blast! Haley was nice enough to let me stay at her house one summer when I had a summer class. Such a great sister in Christ to be so hospitable and allow me to live there rent free! Still thankful for that. I also knew Haley's husband (although, not husband at the time....and I'm not even sure if they knew each other then) Adam from another ministry I was involved in at UK. Small world.

Bethany and I met my freshman year in college. Its funny to recount this story for our friends that know us in Louisville at Immanuel because it seems so foreign to them. But yes, once upon a time Bethany and I were two pot -head, hippy wanna-bees who occasionally drank too much and ate too much Huddle House at 3 am. God graciously allowed the Holy Spirit to do a MIGHTY work on both our hearts. I became a Christian my freshman year (read the entire conversion story if you want, here, here and here) and was Bethany's roomate my sophomore year. Struggling with sin and wrestling with my former "self" it is surprising that Bethany understood and heard the gospel I shared with her that year. Praise the Lord that she did. Soon Bethany began accompanying me to Crusade where she later met tons of great friends, Haley included...but most importantly her hubby Jon.

Ashley and I met, surprisingly for the first time at Immanuel this past year. I say surprisingly because she was also involved in Campus Crusade in college (at a different university) and ventured on many a conference and/or mission trip with the organization, as did I...but we never bumped into each other. Ashley and Haley did though. They met each other in Russia, while I believe Ashley was on Stint and Haley on Summer Project. Ashley's husband (then boyfriend), Matt was also on this Summer project, as well as Haley's then boyfriend (now husband Adam). Funny story (and I may get it wrong), but Ashley and her husband, Matt Stinted in Russia together for quite some time and didn't even think about dating until they were back in the states together....well, I think Ashley may have thought about it once or twice, but Matt was a little slower (typical guy). Now Matt and Ashley are married (and have been for 2ish years) and in our small group at church. Harper, their little one is only 5 weeks older than Mady. Ashley and I's disciplers (Erin and Lindsay) actually know each other....but Ashley and I never met! Maybe we did and don't remember...who knows!

The funny thing is. We all met our husbands through Crusade stuff too. Bethany through Crusade weekly meeting, Haley and Adam, I believe at some crusade event or weekly meeting. Bryan and I at Summer Project and Ashley and Matt in Russia on Stint. Crazy how Crusade cultivates love, friendship and disciples! Praise God for such a amazing organization!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter