Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

June 17, 2010

D.I.Y.


My question is this:
Why do it yourself when you can HIRE someone
MORE QUALIFIED SKILLED HANDY
to do it for you.

OR

you could still do it yourself.

Which is what this is:



Now before you get really proud of me.....
I DID NOT MAKE THE CURTAINS. I am NOT that domesticated. They are Pottery Barn for Kids, pink gingham blackout panels. I am talking about hanging the dang curtain rods.

I'm pretty sure you need a degree in engineering to do it perfectly.
I must admit. Bryan and I are NOT the handiest of people. I used to think I was, but the curtains have won the battle....I hand over my drill and hammer....they have won!
I will add that Bryan has become increasingly more handy as the years of marriage continue to make new notches in his proverbial tool belt. He really has no choice, he's a dad now. And...from where I sit, a man in a tool belt is SEXY!

Anyway....

I love to cook, design, organize, clean, plant flowers and yes even laundry....but I draw the line at hanging curtains. You can call me a bad domesticated diva...but I am not perfect and it was something I wish not to do again.
We have HUGE gapping holes in walls of our previous houses/apartments that prove that WE hate hanging curtain rods! Seriously...it's not that hard, but we find a way to make it hard.

All kidding aside....I do love the end result. I need to iron them, but they are cute!



and its all for this sweet face...

our next project....a fabric upholstered head board!

1 comment:

  1. OH, yea! The infamous head board!!! It will get done....but the materials will def have to be bought here, not there!! ha!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter