I just have to share this story.
Wednesday is my night to work and before leaving I was supposed to give Bryan instructions on when to give Mady her medicine for her ear infection. Well, of course I forgot. So naturally, he did too.
So, instead of letting her miss a dose, Bryan and I decided that it would be best to wake her and give her it and then put her back to bed. I know this sounds unusual, but we have a very good sleeper on our hands; we knew she'd go right back to sleep. Especially since during the recent storms and tornadoes we have had to wake her several nights to take her to the basement. She wakes right up and is ready to play! She is a very light sleeper, but, as soon as the warning lifted we would go and lay her in her bed, awake and she'd fall right back asleep without a peep. We are lucky, and thankful.
I check on her every night before I go to bed. Its beautiful to watch your child so peaceful. Watch their little chest rise and fall. See them so cuddled and snugly. Safe and warm. I love it. One of my favorite times to pray over her is while she sleeps.
So when I went in to give her her medicine she was in a very deep sleep. She didn't even wake when I was rubbing her back! It was hard to wake her from such a good dream, but she finally woke. As soon as I noticed her head pop up I picked her up and said: "Honey, its Momma." I didn't want her to be scared. It horrible being awaken from a deep sleep.
As soon as her face met mine she said, in the sweetest, little, girl voice you've ever heard:
"Momma meece you!" = Translation, "Momma, missed you!"
be still my HEART! Exactly what I wanted to hear after being away from her for the evening at work. I love these moments. I love my girl. I love children. Praying the Lord gives us many more, with many more reasons to have sweet words to share on this Thankful Thursday. Happy Thursday!
and yes, she went right back to sleep. :)
that was so precious!!!!! melt me heart!
ReplyDelete