He lives in Maryland and we miss him very much.
Mady has really grown to love him. We talk on the phone to him just about every other day. He is very funny, loud, energetic and silly. All things that are great for entertaining a 2 year old. Mady adores him. However, he really adores her!!
So just to set up our trip....he flew in on January 17th. The day that the HUGE storm system came in.
He was in the AIR, while tornadoes were touching down here in Louisville. Mady and I were stuck in the basement; we couldn't even go pick him up because of the dangerous conditions. Even with the bad weather he managed to land {safely} and ON TIME! Go Southwest!
Little side note. My brother suffered a traumatic brain injury when he was 19 years old (he is 31 now) and has a very impaired short term memory. We get special passes to be able to walk him down to the gate when he takes off to make sure he gets on the correct flight. He manages just fine, but you can imagine how worried I was when I couldn't be there to pick him up on time!! Thank goodness this happened at our "little" Louisville airport and not Baltimore Washington International airport. He was actually waiting on the curb for me outside of baggage! He did great.
So after we found out that he survived an
Our spirits were high. We had full bellies and happy hearts when out of no where and on our way home a women SLAMMED into the back of our car as we were sitting in traffic. We were thankful none of us were injured, but of course we were all shaken up a bit. Insurance is covering all the damages and it definitely was not our fault, so we thank the Lord that we are all okay.
One thing that us "Centineo's" do well is EAT! We love to cook and congregate in a kitchen together.
Must be the Italian in us...but when Christopher comes to town I always make a TON of food! Chris is a great help in the kitchen. He is my sous chef and I like to order him around! Haha! Just kidding.
Although, I will say he is good at prep and cleaning, but his favorite is the eating part.
One day we made Potato Soup. Mainly because Mady had been playing pretend "cookin'" for weeks and I'd ask her what she was making and she'd say "Potato Soup". I have never fed her that, so I don't know where she got it, but it was hilarious...so I thought I should try to make it.
Turned out nicely.
We so enjoyed having Christopher around. We involved him in everything. He basically did life with us and we had an extra set of hands to help. He is a major help to me! The best part of having him around was our constant stream of laughter! I think we just "get" each others sense of humor. So we laughed most days with tears in our eyes!
Here he is with my friend Anna's little boy, Isaiah. He was such a precious baby. We all took turns holding him that night.
Here are just a few pictures of Mady and Christopher being silly together.
Quality isn't great because they were taken with my phone and he was tossing her up and down!
We so enjoyed his visit and cannot wait to spend more time with him on our next visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment