I have so many "Say What!?" moments lately.
Its funny how their verbal development happens in spurts.
Lately, it seems that Mady is discovering adjectives/ adverbs.
Now, I am no English major.
So please don't judge whether I am describing what she is saying is actually an adjective or adverb. I think in some instances it may be both or one or the other. Hah!
Anyway.
She will say things like:
"Thats really, really fun." Emphasis on the word really.
"That is very, very tasty." Emphasis on tasty.
I really, really like this very, very much!! Its just too darn cute...especially when she says it very serious with her glasses down on her nose and eyes peering at me over the top of them.
She is a character. Here are some of the new adjectives I've noticed her saying: beautiful, incredible, awesome. When she uses them they are usually preceded with either "really, really" or "very, very".
Mady has also started to express her opinion more. Like I will ask her: "Would you like to have a grilled cheese for lunch?" and she says to me: "No, I not want that." Or, I will say to her its your nap time and she argues: "No Mommy, not yet. Pwayin' time now. For a few minutes." What!? Who do you think you are Little Missy? These moments have proven to be good opportunities to teach obedience and forbearance. For both her and I!!!
_________________________________________________________________________________
Bathroom Say What:
As I was getting her out of the bath tonight she told me that her hands were "prickly under there."
Which meant her hands that were under her towel where "wrinkly".
...............
She loves to watch me put on my make up. She almost always has to hold one of my blush brushes and pretend to use it. I love this. I remember doing this with my grandmother, whom I adore. The other day Bryan was home when Mady was with me in the bathroom and he asked her what Mommy was doing.
I was expecting her to say: "Mommy puttin' on make-ups." ...because she does know that is what it is called. After all she pretends to participate and has done this for over a year now...but today she said:
"Mommy's paintin'!" Haha! Is she trying to tell me to lessen up on the eye shadow??? Haha. Maybe.
_________________________________________________________________________________We were coloring the other day and she drew a horizontal line and she said: "Look Mom! It's a STRAIGHT 'S'!" Hilarious connection...and she is kind of correct on that.
..............
More Mady Speak:
"Woodles": Noodles
"Cherr-Ritter": Cheerleader
No comments:
Post a Comment