Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

February 3, 2012

Say What?!

So my girlfriend has a little girl that is a day older than Mady. She and Mady are BFF. Well, as BFF as you can be at this age. They play really well together. Its fun to watch.

Today we had a play date with "Riah", as Mady calls her. Her actual name is Moriah. We are into nicknames over here.

Anyway. "Riah's" Mom told me that her daughter calls "Church" = "Jesus". Haha!!
So she said that while they were at "Jesus" last week "Riah" took a tumble and fell.
Later, like typical 2 year olds "Riah" was recounting the fall to her mother and said: "I fell at Jesus?" 
Haha!!
_________________________________________________________________________________________


When Mady and I ride in the car I try to use that time to pray out loud with her. Usually during short trips. It passes the time and I don't have to listen to "The Wheels on the Bus" for the thousandth time. I like it for short trips because it keeps my prayers short and focused for the little one.

So today, we were driving along and we prayed for a few people I wanted to pray for and then I asked her who she wanted to pray for next.

She said: Daddy 
Of course, lets pray for Daddy! We did.

Then I asked again, who else she'd like to pray for when we were done praying for Daddy.

She said: Bucky
Bucky is our DOG! Yes. So what did we do? We prayed for Bucky.

Then I asked for someone else we could pray for.
And she said: God
 My first thought was "God doesn't need us to pray for him." But, of course the 2 year old, unbeliever in the back seat is not going to understand that....so I turned it around in praying THANKSGIVING for Jesus, to God.

Just thought that was funny, but good. Never a bad thing to thank God for Jesus (who is one in the same, but different. Trinity doctrine is also dictated for the longer car rides. Haha) 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Now that Mady is a bit older we have begun to really delve into different Bible Stories with her and at length. Ask her good questions and help her make connections. She loves her "Jesus Story Book Bible". We pick a different story each day (most days) and read and discuss. She has requests for favorites like "Jonah and the Whale" and "David and Go-yiaf" .....that is her favorite right now.

So tonight, while I was reading "David and Go-yiaf" we had a funny, but great "Say What" moment.
There is a line in the story that basically says: "My God is SO GREAT!" David to Goliath.
So usually when we read this I start to sing the "My God is SO BIG, SO strong and SO mighty" song. She loves that.

So tonight she sang it after this part in the story and if you don't know that song it goes like this:
"My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do, for you!"
At the end of this....Mady added: "there's nofin' my God cannot do, for YOU DAVID!" 

Brought a tear to my eye. Bryan and I both looked at each other and praised her for this connection.
So fun to see when your kids "get it".

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Mady Speak

Toe Nails: "Poe-nails"...yet if you point to a toe and ask her what it is, she will say "TOE"....but the nail is "POE". Haha!

Really/very good: "Vrrlly good"  Her own combo of "really" and "very".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter