Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

February 24, 2012

Sick Day pt. 1

We go to story time at the Cresent Hill Library and there is always a craft after the story.
A few weeks ago the craft was related to the book, I Went Walking.
This has always been one of my favorite books to read to her.
While we were at the library we only did half of the activity; we colored the animals, instead of cutting them out and gluing them to the Popsicle sticks. I knew she'd be perfectly satisfied to just color and I wanted to save the rest of this activity for another day at home.

TODAY WAS THE DAY! Mady has a cold and we've been in most of the week.
Here is what we did. 



Cut the animals out.

Traced the animals onto scrapbook paper

Wrote the names of each animal on the back, for letter / word recognition.

Glued the colored animal to its traced "counter-part", with the popsicle in the middle.



Of course to most 2 year olds the gluing is the best part!

Then you play! "I went walking and what did you see???  A DUCK!"

Or you can play peek-a-boo with your animals.


Somehow I managed to lose 2 popsicle sticks in between my home and the Library. This was my improvisation. Haha!
I loved being crafty with my little one.
The hardest part was teaching Mady not to PULL OUT the sticks! Oh well.
She had fun, thats all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter