Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

January 6, 2011

2011

Can it really be 2011? I feel like year 2000 and Y2K was just yesterday. 

But boy am I glad that it isn't the year 2000. If it was, I'd be lost and running after things of this world, rather than running towards Christ. I am thankful for those years in a way, because without them I wouldn't know my deep need for salvation. I think the saying is true; You don't know your lost until you've been found. That may not exactly be the saying, but you get the point.


I am so thankful for what 2010 has brought us. It seems with every passing year the Lord blesses us more and more. Of course this year was a full year we were able to enjoy our daughter and watch her grow. We tucked another successful year of seminary under our Bryan's belt. We got another year older, another year wiser and another year closer to death, as my dad would so pessimistically put it. Its true though.


Do you ever stop to consider that? 


I laugh (sometimes) to myself when at the new year so many people reflect back to the previous year (like i just did) and make "goals" and or "plans" to plot out a more "well rounded" upcoming year. Accomplishing the things they want to accomplish and checking off the to-do and bucket lists.


Adding to the "I wish I never did fill in the blank this year!" Or, "If I only did more fill in the blank this year I'd have more fill in the blank." So many of us do this. Live somewhere in the regret of it all.
Regret isn't a horrible thing, if it leads toward repentance. List and goal making isn't a bad thing either; that is if our goal, as Christians is to not glorify ourselves in our accomplishments, but point to Chris
The regret I'm talking about only leads to more regret down the long spirally road of "MY OWN PATH". Which sadly will end with many unchecked to do lists, empty bucket lists and unaccomplished goals. When we do things out of our own strength, for our own satisfaction and mostly for ourselves to be glorified it will never end well. 



1To man belong the plans of the heart,
but from the Lord comes the reply of the tongue.

2All a man’s ways seem innocent to him,
but motives are weighed by the Lord.

3Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
and your plans will succeed.

4The Lord works out everything for his own ends—
even the wicked for a day of disaster.

5The Lord detests all the proud of heart.
Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.

6Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for;
through the fear of the Lord a man avoids evil.

7When a man’s ways are pleasing to the Lord,
he makes even his enemies live at peace with him.

8Better a little with righteousness
than much gain with injustice.

9In his heart a man plans his course,
but the Lord determines his steps. 
Proverbs 16:9

That's why my challenge to you (and myself) this year is to trust the Sovereign, All Powerful, All Knowing God with your best laid plans. Trust Him to change them for your good, NOT change them to be good, but for your good.  Let the creator of the world, who spins it on its axis and upholds ever star in the sky and knows every hair on your head be in control of your life. 

If you haven't surrendered your life to him; your plans to Him please let that be your only regret.
Don't live another day wondering and planning how your life will end. Your toil will be in vain. 
Hear Christ's call today towards salvation. Let Him sit on the throne of your life. Who loving desires to lead you to himself, for eternity. An eternity better and longer than your best imagined plans, lists and goals could be. 

9The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 
2 Peter 3:9 


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter