Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

January 12, 2011

Evidence of a Child

I love toys strewn all about the floor
dollies and bears here and there.

I love little shoes and jackets strung
dresses and bows for her hair.

I love bottles waiting for suds
sippy cups and tiny spoons too.

I love talking elmos and dvd sets
barn yard play houses and cows that moo.

I love cries in the night with tear soaked faces
arms reaching far for warm embraces.

I love piles of laundry and bills left un-paid.
I love how romance waits for a less tired day.

I love her smell after bath time laughs
I love little rubber duckies tripping my path.

I love how my heart beats for her to say my name
and with each sound from her mouth, I'm never to be the same.

I love it all.
the good and the bad
the fun
and the sad.

I love the chaos and the clutter
the noodles with just butter.

I love the little pink sock without its mate
and a little heart who knows no hate.

I love ponies for riding and balls for throwing
kittens for holding and ABC's for knowing.

I love it all.
Big and small.

I love you now and I'll love you then,
when your grown and your toys have left my den.

But I'll always remember the things so dear
that lovingly showed evidence of my child living here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter