I am so sad that I didn't get more pictures here. We took more video here.
The time spent was so quick and I guess we forgot to get some with the whole family.
My brothers are getting older and into their own things, so...
soon after the presents were opened, they were off enjoying them.
While Mady was enjoying her Jayy, also known as Jake, my parents dog.
After minutes of being at Pop's and Mimi's (Bryan's parents) house, the grandkids took their rightful place....on Pop's lap!
Mady loves her cousins!
Luke is almost 1 and Layton is 3. They are both Bryan's sister Brittany's kiddos.
We have seen these boys almost consistently twice a month, every month this year.
I am thankful for this time spent. Moments that will forever be treasured.
Brittany and I have laughed, cried, laughed until we've cried and lived. Just lived life together. It feels good to be with Family. I am thankful this year has brought us such joy; joy we've been able to experience together.
I always find it so cute when Layton, big cousin takes his role to heart and takes advantage of these moments to grab a quick cuddle!
| I think its too funny that Mady and Layton look like they could be brother and sister! It won't be long until they are all brunette like Mr. Lukey Bear! |
I thought it was particularly adorable when Mady reached over to Luke and gave him pats and said "aaaahhhhaaa babby"...which translated means that Mady is loving on Luke. Melted my heart.
She's already a nurturer.
She especially enjoys feeding and pushing her new baby doll around the house, giving it "aahhhaas".
This boy is just precious!!!
He has been doing this wrinkle nose smile for months and I have to say, its pretty darn adorable!
Mady and her Aunt Bebe, a.k.a. Brittany. Bebe is easier to say.
Which is why I am Dede...which has been hard for me to get used to (I've always been Dani to little kids). I am not sure this will stick, especially since Layton can say "Danielle", and very clear. Poor Lukey isn't going to get a break!
| Christmas Love |
There is a little girl somewhere in the midst of all those presents!
This is a wonderful Christmas present, that I have been blessed to receive.
Love that keeps growing each day.
A present that feels like Christmas morning with each hug, kiss and smile.
Little Angels!!!
Bryan is ridiculous and he makes it his life mission to make other people uncomfortable! Although, I will say his family is used to this and loves it.
It really is the way (one of the ways) that Bryan shows love.
Poor Pops!
| Bryan and his sister Brittany. |
It snowed the entire time (literally) that we were in C-ville. It felt like we were in our own little snow globe. It was a magical setting. The hills and trees of the farm were so beautiful, only to be contrasted by the crisp black lines of the fences that hedged in the property. White fences are never white next to clean, white snow.
| Mimi and Mady. Granddaughter. |
Want to know what joy looks like...
check out Mimi and Pop's face.
Our Family of Four.
My Great Loves.
| Momma's girl! |
A Christmas Elf named Mady!
Andrew (Bryan's brother) and his girlfriend, Sarah.
Nephews.
I see baseball games and beach trips in our future.
I see hay rides and hide and go seek.
I see hugs, kisses, tears and wishes.
I see love.
Cousins
Playing together..
Its over in a blink of an eye...
Christmas is gone just as quick as it came.
Although...
to a child.
Its anticipation is half the fun.
Memories made that last forever.
Kisses.
You are a gift and a blessing Mady girl.
I love that this bow found its way to your head.
Its a great representation of how we feel about you.
As beautiful as this Christmas was for our Family, we are confident that our true treasure is in Heaven, seated beside the Father. Jesus Christ and His perfect death and gift of salvation is the greatest and most perfect gift we could ever ask for.
I pray that if the Lord were to take all of the above mentioned joy and memories away, I would be fully satisfied in Him alone. For He is my perfect portion forever. Praise Him for allowing us to partake in such happiness here on this earth. I can only imagine what heaven will be like.
Perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment