Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1h2aDxUXd

October 24, 2011

Family Pictures

Our family recently had professional pictures taken. We needed some updated family shots of the 3 of us (last pictures were done when Mady was 3 months old) and some pictures for Mady's 2 year old shots. We had fun. Can you tell?



One of the best parts of the experience was our photographer. I actually knew Stacy when I was not a Christian. She knew the wild, drunken, foul mouth, defiant,    rebellious girl that I once was.

I'm sure she could tell some stories on me, but she was kind to not allow my husband the "joy" of hearing just how incredibly different I was. He likes to laugh at those stories...hopefully because of how different I am as a New Creation. The old has gone and the new has COME! (2 Cor. 5:17) Amen (and thank goodness).




Stacy is a very, very talented photographer and you should definitely check out her website if you are interested in a loving, fun, creative, godly woman taking your family/childs/dogs/events pictures.
She's great and we love our pictures.





I am thankful for these pictures. When I looked back at these pictures and the date they were taken it was on September 30th. Exactly one month from the day I found out we miscarried baby number two. I remember thinking in anticipation, prior to our miscarriage about this photo-shoot that it would be our last pictures as a family of 3. I also remember wondering whether I'd be showing or not. What cute pictures we could do with our sonogram picture. Lots of thoughts, prior to our shoot. However, 30 days later our reality is much different. My thoughts leading up to this shoot were if I would be able to express joy and smile when I was struggling to hold back tears most days. If my pain would be evident in these pictures. If we should maybe just make this a "Mady Shoot" instead of family one too. And now, almost 60 days past this date I am in such a different place. Thankfully, God has dealt bountifully with me (Psalm 13:6). Restoring me from those bitter days. (Psalm 71:20-21) Restoring my joy. Bringing back my smile.






We're looking forward to 2012 to a new year with new possibilities and new beginnings. Especially for Bryan. He will have just graduated with his Masters in Divinity and begin in January a hard 4 year road in pursuit of his Ph.D. He will also teach a course at Boyce College. All new things that God has prepared for us. All things He has blessed us with. We are excited.











We really enjoyed seeing Mady in her element. Tea Party on the top of random hill at Seneca Park with cake pops and donuts. Is there really anything better to a little girl at this age? Probably not.




I love to watch my love enjoy the simple things.






Nothing too out of the ordinary for Mady....sitting around playing while Mom and Dad make-out. Haha.
Totally, just kidding.
We ain't afraid of no P.D.A.!







Even Buck-Buck made it into our photo shoot. After all he is part of the family. He's the first born!
Mady, his best friend doing what he loves best, feeding him.


Bought this hat in NYC last March for Mady. Cannot wait for her to wear it this winter! So cute and makes me think of NYC and how much I miss it.



Stealing kisses from my 2 year old!!! (Well, we have 2 more days)
I cannot believe we are here. 
Wow.

I love our pictures. I hope you did too!

2 comments:

  1. Tea parties and cake pops! She and Molly wold be peas in a pod. Such sweet pics, Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet. I love your pictures! she did a great job at capturing your family. mady is a doll!!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter